IGNORED

360 Elite - $479.00 - No HD-DVD - No WiFi

CPUWIZ

I just don't see the point of wi-fi on a video game console, when an Ethernet jack will do just fine. Do you really want signal loss from who-knows-what when you are in an intense multiplayer match? To me wi-fi on a video game console is just to say you have wi-fi on a video game console. That would be like including a pet rock with every Atari 2600 purchased.

I just don't see the point of wi-fi on a video game console, when an Ethernet jack will do just fine. Do you really want signal loss from who-knows-what when you are in an intense multiplayer match? To me wi-fi on a video game console is just to say you have wi-fi on a video game console. That would be like including a pet rock with every Atari 2600 purchased.

Sorry, I don't feel like installing ethernet jacks in the living room, nor do I want to run a ghetto looking cable from the office.

No HD-DVD!?!? OMG how am I going to watch high-def Gladiator on this thing!? I need to see every strand of Russel Crowe's hair in a movie in order to enjoy my videogame system. Geez Microsoft, what do you think this is? The videogame market?

nor do I want to run a ghetto looking cable from the office.

A "ghetto" looking computer cable. Yeah, I've seen all kinds of ghettos sporting those. As I tripped over a bum and fell inside a crackhouse that was the first thing to catch my eye.

Edited by Atarifever

i kinda wish the 360 just made the case shiney like the other two consoles... i could care less what color it is. the hd is nice, but if youve seen my room, the less wires the better. id really appreciate a wifi enabled system from the box. my dsl jack is on the other side of my room where my comp is, running a blue cable across my room would look pretty dumb. anywho, the old 360 works for me, id rather see a price cut on that then a more expensive uber premium model.

No HD-DVD!?!? OMG how am I going to watch high-def Gladiator on this thing!? I need to see every strand of Russel Crowe's hair in a movie in order to enjoy my videogame system. Geez Microsoft, what do you think this is? The videogame market?

:D :D I completely agree with the idea behind this post.

But, I think it would be nice to see HD-DVD included (internal or external) with the limited edition package. That would be excellent. For the larger hdd and hdmi port I would purchase this new machine in a heartbeat IF they present a simple way to get all the content from my old hdd to the new one (without buying an extra mem card. Maybe include one of the 512mb cards free?) I already have the HD-DVD addon so I am not concerned about that.

I completely disagree with equating wifi in a console to a pet rock. I was very glad to have the wifi included in the Wii and I would enjoy having it included in the 360 though I purchased the adapter and it is doing just fine. I have a media room on the other side of my house from my office/server closet. Using wireless is the best option (though powerline ethernet looks awesome and I would pick it up if the price were better.) If you have a properly configured wireless network and you know what is worth purchasing your wireless network should be as solid as your wired. I have no problems whatsoever with connection dropping on my wireless.

So....what you guys are saying is I'm the only one getting this? :P

Well, since Live downloads are tied to your console first and getting them tied to a new console requires an act of god, yeah, I guess you're the only one getting it. ;)

I'd get one if there was an easy way to move my arcade games over to it and not have to be logged in to Live to play them. I'd rather have a black console to match everything else.

So....what you guys are saying is I'm the only one getting this? :P

Well, since Live downloads are tied to your console first and getting them tied to a new console requires an act of god, yeah, I guess you're the only one getting it. ;)

I'd get one if there was an easy way to move my arcade games over to it and not have to be logged in to Live to play them. I'd rather have a black console to match everything else.

I have downloaded stuff on 4 accounts now that you mention it. But the aggrivation will be easier to deal with than say $250.00 for a 120 gig HD and $100.00 for the HDMI cable. I mean, you kinda see that coming.

Please don't spend more than $20 on an HDMI cable. It's digital, so it's not like a solid gold connection on a $100 Monster cable is going to look any better than $12 cable from Amazon.

The larger HD will be nice when it comes, but if it's more than $100 or doesn't include a good method of moving saves from the original drive, I'm staying with what I have.

The new XBOX bundle really needs a free game or something to make it worthwhile IMHO.

I thought the downloads were tied to your XBL ID. I was pretty sure you could move your XBL ID to a memory card (and a XBL game if it fit) and take it with you.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I had XBL games that I transferred over (along with all the other stuff) with my XSata, when my original 360 gave up the ghost. I don't remember having to re-download anything.

I thought the downloads were tied to your XBL ID. I was pretty sure you could move your XBL ID to a memory card (and a XBL game if it fit) and take it with you.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I had XBL games that I transferred over (along with all the other stuff) with my XSata, when my original 360 gave up the ghost. I don't remember having to re-download anything.

Nope, they are tied to the system you downloaded off of. As long as you sign into Live (either Silver or Gold, doesn't matter) the full version will run. If you don't sign into Live all you can play is the trial version. When my Premium died, I got a core unit and moved my harddrive over. If I don't sign in, or my net service is down for some reason, I can only play the trial version of games I bought on the old system. Games I have gotten since work fine. Any yeah, to try to get the games moved to the new system does reguire an act of god. Happened with a friend, took 7 calls and close to a month to get anything done.

As to the system, the price is to damn high. Not having a HDDVD drive is okay. Adding a HDMI port is nice. Bigger harddrive, nice...I guess. But not putting Wi-Fi in the thing is just stupid. Even the damn DS has Wi-Fi built in.

(pounds desk, then rolls around on the floor holding his sides)

JR

i kinda wish the 360 just made the case shiney like the other two consoles... i could care less what color it is.

Why don't you get yourself just a case then? :)

http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xbox-360-case-mods.htm

ah nice.. but thats 50 bucks i have to spend.. ah well, the cases here at least seem mildly more interesting that what it looks like now.. pretty cool. and look at that, they already have a black case, so screw the elite 360, ill just get that, esp since they said they sold the black controllers seperately when the new system comes out.

Paid downloads can be played by anyone on your console, such as a wife or child's profile, in addition to you as the original purchaser. When you move the file to another system, however, or re-download it onto another system, only you can play the game. The system-wide playability is lost, as it is tied to the initial console.

According to the last issue of OXM, someone finally managed to convey to MS exactly why that is a bad thing and "they're working on it." We'll see.

*sigh*

I get so tired of the new console market...it used to be that once you bought something, you were done.

Now i find out if i would've waited a few months i could've had ten times the storage space for just a little bit more money? Say all you want about competition being good for the consumer, all it is is a swift kick in the balls for the early adopter.

At this point, Microsoft would be foolish to include an HD-DVD in their system. If Blu-Ray is this century's Betamax, then HD-DVD is well on its way toward Capacitance Electronic Disc status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance_Electronic_Disc

Wal-Mart's already pulling out of the HD-DVD market, and the HD-DVD accessory for the Xbox 360 has been reduced in price from $200 to $130. In another year, it's unlikely that the format will be supported by anyone, even Universal.

JR

Wal-Mart's already pulling out of the HD-DVD market, and the HD-DVD accessory for the Xbox 360 has been reduced in price from $200 to $130. In another year, it's unlikely that the format will be supported by anyone, even Universal.

JR

I'm confused, are you saying you can get the HD-DVD drive for $130 now? Wal Mart still has it listed at it normal price.

IGN did mention that the 120 Gig HD was going to be available for under $200.

So I'm guessing it'll be $199.99