IGNORED

PS3 launch : total flop ?

Pocket

Give it time. I can remember when people said "There's no way you'll ever be able to fill a 360K 5.25" disk", or a 1.44MB 3.5" disk, or a 20MB hard drive, or a 700MB CD. People will always find ways to fill the available storage media with something, and in 10 years we'll be complaining about games requiring 3 or 4 Blu-Ray or HD-DVD discs and how they need to come out with something that holds more data.

Tempest

LOL.... you brought back memories for me of when I had my Atari 800 (48k) and finally broke down and bought an Atari 800XL (64k). The first thing I thought about after plugging it in was "Geesh... what am I going to do with all this memory????"

Mendon

Motorstorm is around 15Gigs, I know there are a couple others that are bigger than a DVD. :ponder:

Fully compressed?

I got that size from a NFO site somewhere, so probably.

Size: 155 x 100 MB

is it like resistance where they just filled the disk with crap programing to take up space instead of using efficeint coding? i seem to remember companies during the first 3d generation doing this so they could say thier games were bigger than the competitions, when in reality they werent