IGNORED

SOLD Hacking Videogame Consoles Book

Hacking Videogame Consoles

Would you like to build your own portable game systems, or learn the general hacking skills required to make your own mods? Well, you’re in luck because Ben Heck wrote this called “Hacking Videogame Consoles” and it contains complete, step-by-step instructions on how to make portable versions of the following systems:

• Atari 2600
  • Nintendo 8-Bit
  • Super Nintendo 16-Bit
  • Playstation 1

Book features include:

Written in a simple down-to-Earth style that’s easy to understand and won’t overwhelm the reader. Very little technical mumble-jumble (and any mumble-jumble that sneaks in is thoroughly explained)

Includes complete instructions for 8 different projects (2 versions of each of the 4 systems), plus general-purpose information on hacking the consoles that can be used to create custom projects of your own design.

Hand-built projects are designed to use basic, common tools such as soldering irons, screwdrivers and X-Acto knives.

Advanced projects use CNC machinery as well. The book covers both types so there’s projects for everyone.

Drawings and practical photographs of the all wiring you’ll have to do - no schematic reading skills required!

Book_main_pic.gif

SNES_CNC_med.jpg

PS1_CNC_med.jpg

NES_CNC_med.jpg

Atari2600_CNC_med-1.jpg

$15.00 Includes Shipping in the U.S.

Edited by usinoh

At first I though it just said Videogame Hacking but then I saw the word Consoles. :D

Someone needs to write an article or book on Videogame hacking. I have seen several articles on NES and Arcade Hacking but have never seen one on Atari 2600. I have been contacted by several magazines and a bunch of independent writers but have never had anything actually published. Lynxara of Hardcore Gaming Magazine showed a lot of interest but was shot down by higher ups. Too much classic gaming they said. :ponder:

Edited by neotokeo2001

At first I though it just said Videogame Hacking but then I saw the word Consoles. :D

Someone needs to write an article or book on Videogame hacking. I have seen several articles on NES and Arcade Hacking but have never seen one on Atari 2600. I have been contacted by several magazines and a bunch of independent writers but have never had anything actually published. Lynxara of Hardcore Gaming Magazine showed a lot of interest but was shot down by higher ups. Too much classic gaming they said. :ponder:

Now that would be a great book!

You can get them for $12.16 shipped from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/076...7622&sr=8-1

I paid 20.00 for mine off amazon and it took 2 weeks to get it, this one is going out the door this morning and the buyer will have it in 3 or 4 days. I'm not a big fan of amazon, the sellers are very slow to ship and have poor communication in my experience.