IGNORED

NICE Atari 5200 POS Display

classics

I drove 7 hours to pick up mine when i got it and this one is closer. Mine is over 250 pounds

If I was a little closer than 1,000+ miles of Kansas, I'd seriously consider it!!! That had better go for MUCH more than $100!!!

Wow... I likey! :D

--Timster--

Funny thing is - the guy emailed me a week earlier asking some advice on it and a pricing, I had actually offered him (without photo's) $500 for it, but now seeing the unit I wouldn't have paid much more then $200+ it went for, some did some serious altering of the unit, chopped off 2' off the top of it and modd'ed the heck out of the control panel. I'm sure the buyer will be happy, but for a collector or someone like myself looking for original and unaltered equipment, I'd pass.

Curt

I can't beleive it only went for $200.

Guess it goes to show how much a difference a bad auction title can make.

For a few minute I seriously considered driving 1000 miles each way to get it. :)

Steve

I'm the winner, but I did not know it was modified. Still, the games included (and I'll let you know if it is the 5200 millipede or not) would seem to make this a good deal. Are there any photos of what an original looks like, and how was this modded?

Also, anyone who has trailer space of leads on trailer space from Wichita to Dayton in the next 2 weeks could also stand to take some more money from me. Right now my best bid is $178. I posted on uship.com and said the first $100 bid will get it.

-Steve

I'm the winner, but I did not know it was modified. Still, the games included (and I'll let you know if it is the 5200 millipede or not) would seem to make this a good deal. Are there any photos of what an original looks like, and how was this modded?

Also, anyone who has trailer space of leads on trailer space from Wichita to Dayton in the next 2 weeks could also stand to take some more money from me. Right now my best bid is $178. I posted on uship.com and said the first $100 bid will get it.

-Steve

The one I almost bid on a few years ago had a cylinder in the front that you rotated with instructions or descriptions of the games. I think you got a good deal and I'm interested to see what's up with Millipede.

y-bot

Yes the top looks to be cut off and placed on the bottom of the unit. And then the roller thing is gone that was in the middle. I bet they replaced tv set inside with a home television since it looks a little bigger. It looks nice what you won. And you got a great price with those game. Be careful when moving if it has been moded the TV could fall or move. This is mine and its so big I had a hard time fitting it in the door.

Jason

post-1807-1175535655_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trade-N-Games

Yes the top looks to be cut off and placed on the bottom of the unit. And then the roller thing is gone that was in the middle. I bet they replaced tv set inside with a home television since it looks a little bigger. It looks nice what you won. And you got a great price with those game. Be careful when moving if it has been moded the TV could fall or move. This is mine and its so big I had a hard time fitting it in the door.

Jason

Hi Jason! When did you get yours and where was it located?

y-bot

Steve,

If you're happy that you got it, that is all that matters, here is the Atarimuseum 5200 kiosk:

From Phillyclassic 3

http://www.atariage.com/features/philly_20...5200Kiosk_1.jpg

This is from the old Atari Museum office back I think 2002 -

http://www.bbsdocumentary.com/photos/101ve.../M/p1010040.jpg

Curt

-Steve

Mine was a few years ago in Oklahoma City

I was thinking it might have been the same one I was thinking about buying. It was in the midwest somewhere and I started planning the trip but I decided I couldn't afford it.

Thanks, y-bot

There must have been a couple in Oklahoma City because I got one from a guy there about a year ago. In great shape and everything. Wonder why they seem to still be there, but nowhere else..

Well, It looks like I am going to pay $160 in shipping, and that is door to door, COD. I'll let y'all know if millipede is the real deal. Otherwise, I think I will be happy with my purchase, it should be a lot more fun to play than using the old joysticks, plus I needed some of the titles and most of the boxes. Besides, now I get to auction off my other 5200 + all the dupes I will acquire in this auction. That should offset the cost considerably.

Now, all I have to do is tell the wife about my purchase...

Have you ever won an auction and then 5 seconds later said, " Oh shit, what have I done?"

I posted an ad on uship.com and a company called Quality Van Shipper put in a bid of $160. I think it is just 1 guy with a truck, and I happen to be along his special route, but he has a 100% feedback rating of 45. He will not be able to pick it up for 2 weeks, but the seller is cool with that, and I don't care, so I feel like that is a good deal.