Sign in to follow this  
_Fandal_

New game Mind Blast released!

Hi all!

My newest game "Mind Blast" is out. It was released as a part of jubilee Flop magazine No. 50 at Atariada 2007 party. Enjoy!

Short description:

Mind Blast is based on PC game Mind Bender from Chuzzle Deluxe pack. The goal of game is to arrange balls to pattern shown in the left bottom corner. Mind Blast has 150 levels: 15 two-colored, 30 three-colored, 45 four-colored and 60 five-colored. Each level has a unique password.

Controls:

* joystick - ball movements

* START - restart level

* SELECT - music on/off

* ESC - return to the title screen

Requirements:

* 64kB of memory

* PAL system recommended

Credits:

* Fandal - brutal code, levels design

* PG - idea, gfx, sfx, msx, levels design

* Raster & Bob!k of C.P.U. - some hints, criticism of Fandal's code

F.

Hi all!

My newest game "Mind Blast" is out. It was released as a part of jubilee Flop magazine No. 50 at Atariada 2007 party. Enjoy!

Short description:

Mind Blast is based on PC game Mind Bender from Chuzzle Deluxe pack. The goal of game is to arrange balls to pattern shown in the left bottom corner. Mind Blast has 150 levels: 15 two-colored, 30 three-colored, 45 four-colored and 60 five-colored. Each level has a unique password.

Controls:

* joystick - ball movements

* START - restart level

* SELECT - music on/off

* ESC - return to the title screen

Requirements:

* 64kB of memory

* PAL system recommended

Credits:

* Fandal - brutal code, levels design

* PG - idea, gfx, sfx, msx, levels design

* Raster & Bob!k of C.P.U. - some hints, criticism of Fandal's code

F.

:D Cool. Nice work Fandal! I like these type of games a lot, I played one of your previous games Cubico to death :) very addictive Edited by Tezz

Adding a few screenshots to provide some eye-candy :-)

post-6830-1175450875_thumb.pngpost-6830-1175450909_thumb.pngpost-6830-1175450923_thumb.png

I removed the actual passwords in the level screenshots and put there the string "MBLAST".

Nice Game.

But I don't know why I kind a know about this graphics ;-)

Nice game!

* PAL system recommended

Actually, I can confirm that it works fine on NTSC. Possibly the music is playing faster than it should, but it sounds fine to me.

Very nice and addictive logic game.

Really appreciate the cool graphics, colors an the good music.

Congratulations

Nice one, it's nice to know that games are still being made for our 8-bit. It's like the A8 scene has never really died out.

Edited by Ross PK

it seems that more people are working on games and hardware than on demos.... vice verser than in the late 90s....

I've played through 18 levels and have just reached level 19 with the addition of another color. Maybe it will get difficult now. I do like the graphics and music. Is there a chance of a stereo music version?

Edited by Gunstar

Another great game from you Fandal, congratulations! No previous announcements, just surprises... I like it. Addictive as usual, I liked Bombex very much too, even if it was 1K game.

Haven't D/L'd the game but looking at the screenshots i guess you used some of those advanced gfx techniques like hip/gtia bug etc

Haven't D/L'd the game but looking at the screenshots i guess you used some of those advanced gfx techniques like hip/gtia bug etc

Neither HIP (no interlace at all) nor GTIA bug are used. In order to get so many colours per rasterline, the game does heavily use sprite underlays. Also mid-scanline register changes are used in the status bar.

Neither HIP (no interlace at all) nor GTIA bug are used. In order to get so many colours per rasterline, the game does heavily use sprite underlays. Also mid-scanline register changes are used in the status bar.

:D I love the attention to graphics and colour usage with mid scanline changes and underlay in current produced games.. It makes my day to see it :D I forever wanted this to be done on every game back in the day.

The recent game's aren't just good graphically, they are very playable to the point of addiction. I've played Cubico and Monex a L.O.T. :cool:

It seems you'll see congratulation screen very soon... I hope you'll like it...

Nice screen. Not what I expected but nevertheless a good ending for a perfect game.

Regards,

patjomki

It seems you'll see congratulation screen very soon... I hope you'll like it...

Well, the puzzle is not really heavy, but, when someone likes to have some relaxed puzzling in his sparetime, he finds the right game here.

:-)