IGNORED

Lab Loaners, Donald Duck's Speed Boat

krypton85

Some dude selling a bunch of lab loaners...

Not my auctions:

2600 Donald Duck Speed Boat:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-Prototype-Lab-Ga...1QQcmdZViewItem

2600 Snoopy and the Red Baron:

2600: Oscar's Trash Race:

5200: Gremlins:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-Prototype-Lab-Vi...1QQcmdZViewItem

5200: Sport Goofy ?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-Prototype-Lab-Vi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Great information Krypton85.

Thanks!! :)

Yep thanks except theres no need to bid now. :( I wonder why?

...walks away with tail between legs and sighs.

Seriously, is there one youre not bidding on so I can try to get 1? lol

Edited by Phantom

I had a dream about these last night and it's my birthday today so no one else should bid on these, ok. Mostly I just want Sport Goofy though. My pockets aren't that deep right now so I'm sure I won't win anything. By the way, how did these manage to not get pulled by Ebay?

y-bot

Thanks man. I only collect Atari 2600 NTSC protos so that why I did not bid on the 5200 stuff...... ;)

I lost out on the 5200 game anyway. I can't believe it sold for more than Donald Duck. How many of those are out there? I thought unreleased Atari 2600 protos sold for much more than $200. Didn't that kind of thing sell for $500-$1000 a few years ago? I put what I thought was a really low bid and I was the second highest bidder. I'm guessing your max was much higher than what it sold for though so I probably never had a chance.

y-bot

I think it's not worth as much because the rom has been dumped.

If you're talking about Donald Duck, it's probably because it was released in South America as well as Best Electronics finding and selling a bunch of unreleased final production boards.

Mitch

If you're talking about Donald Duck, it's probably because it was released in South America as well as Best Electronics finding and selling a bunch of unreleased final production boards.

Mitch

I think your right Mitch, DD does suffer from DOH syndrome. I still say the loaner is way better to have than a Best or a SA cart though. Real Deal Atari Product :) Nice score Jose!

If you're talking about Donald Duck, it's probably because it was released in South America

Mitch

Has that actually ever been proven? I have yet to see one.

BTW all the dates on those protos seem to indicate that they were the final version except Oscar which had a very early date on it. Of course this may just be because it had an old label on it, but it was the only one of the batch that caught my eye.

Tempest

Mitch

I think your right Mitch, DD does suffer from DOH syndrome. I still say the loaner is way better to have than a Best or a SA cart though. Real Deal Atari Product :) Nice score Jose!

That was my thinking on Donald....a real Atari Lab Loaner. That, and the writing on the label is VERY consistent with other Atari Lab Loaner label writings that come from Atari.

On Tempest's comment.... I totally agree with him... I was only going to get Oscar at first but then I said, what the heck, let me try and get all of them.

Edited by Wonder007

Has that actually ever been proven? I have yet to see one.

I think 3 different companies released it in S.A., Polyvox, JVP and one that escapes me right now.

So are Dumbo and Snow White worth more? Is it the general consensus that those carts look legit?

y-bot

Thanks man. I only collect Atari 2600 NTSC protos so that why I did not bid on the 5200 stuff...... ;)

I said to myself that 5200 went cheap as I had forgot about it because I knew you would outbid me and I even asked nicely if theres one you werent bidding. Didn I feel dumb when I saw that price tag? Oh well, Enjoy

Edited by Phantom

I said to myself that 5200 went cheap as I had forgot about it because I knew you would outbid me and I even asked nicely if theres one you werent bidding. Didn I feel dumb when I saw that price tag? Oh well, Enjoy

I am sorry about that, I honestly did not see that post....I would have definitely told you if I was aware of it...... my bad!!! :(

I am sorry about that, I honestly did not see that post....I would have definitely told you if I was aware of it...... my bad!!! :(

No Biggs Jose', have fun with your new games. I love the 5200, its all i ever play anymore too. Gremlons woulda been kewl but my own dumb fault. I coulda tried.