IGNORED

1982 ATARI 35mm Movie Theater Commercial video games

revsdr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Item number: 300096684720

not mine...

what is this game GALACTIC MAP?

and did you notice the pics of asteroids? got a 3-d look to soe of them.

copied from his listing:

This is an original acetate 35mm movie film trailer commercial advertising the newest video games for the 1982 ATARI system. It's a very well done live action mixed with animation where the player is incorporated into the actual video game he's playing. It features such games as ASTEROIDS, YAR'S REVENGE and GALACTIC MAP. It's complete from start to finish with excellent color and condition (see actual screenshots below) and no vinegar syndrome or other nasty stuff. It lasts 2 minutes and comes even and secure on a core. Buyer pays via Paypal or Money Order plus $6 insured USPS Priority shipping.

Edited by revsdr

The problem is that how are you going to watch it? Is there a way to convert 35MM film into a DVD or is this real of film just going to sit like that on a shelf?

:ponder: :? :?

35 to VHS to DVD. With a little polishing of the end output file and a bath for the 35mm before playback and a hifi VHS tape on SP would result in a good quality transfer.

It depends on what access you have to certain film editing technology, but I'd just go to a straight digital intermediate and skip the VHS part. From there you can select a pretty solid encoding rate considering that the commercial is fairly short (i.e., the compression can be a lot less for this than for a 120 minute film).

It depends on what access you have to certain film editing technology, but I'd just go to a straight digital intermediate and skip the VHS part. From there you can select a pretty solid encoding rate considering that the commercial is fairly short (i.e., the compression can be a lot less for this than for a 120 minute film).

I was just thinking of what average joe might have at home, your completly right with the good stuff it's best to skip the VHS skip by far.

Oh, well that's easy - here:

http://archives.atarimuseum.com/archives/V...2600/TheFly.avi

I was sent the commercial directly from John Hughes several years back, its been up on Atarimueum.com for ages, that's why I didn't bid on the film on Ebay, its nice to have the film, but not really needed.

Curt

The problem is that how are you going to watch it? Is there a way to convert 35MM film into a DVD or is this real of film just going to sit like that on a shelf?

:ponder: :? :?