IGNORED

Cymbal Software Cassette Titles (Games 20)

Noelio

• 1 year later...

the problem may be the xc-12 tape door is terrible and must be straightened to keep from mucking up tape playback and tracks... once I did that, many things loaded that would not before...

A few games seem to have a lot more to them and better versions when on tape.... very strange indeed!

Has anyone still got the tapes themselves or the WAV recordings? The original conversion to CAS was botched, but we have better tools today, I would try converting them again if someone pointed me to the WAVs.

Edited by Kr0tki

and please remember one other thing about the old tapes, they sometime have tight and loose spots and are inconsistantly wound up for sitting and being knocked about in storage..... a few fast forward to the end rewind to the end cycles and the sound becomes more stable and suddenly a bad tape is a good tape!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 4/4/2007 at 1:11 PM, Noelio said:

I don't know HOW rare this is, but I haven't found any other online.

Its contents are in English & French, so I would imagine it is a french canadian company.(?)

It's a folder style case with 6 tapes inside.

the games are actually pretty good, but obvious knock offs of arcade games at the time.

I have no idea how to do cassette dumps, but I will read up on it as this collection is really

worth the download. If you have directions / howto, I will get right to it as I just bought a brand spankin

new XC-12 from B & C solely for this purpose.

Image attached.post-12761-1175706656_thumb.jpgpost-12761-1175706649_thumb.jpg

what were the controls for Frogs? used to play as a kid went to play it today cant remember how to move them

Under emulation? Frogs appears to work with the "greather than" / "less than" keys as well as SHIFT / RETURN (the instructions aren't clear at all).

Who else still has a copy of the compilation? Can't believe I'd be the only one. If nobody has it, you'll have to wait a bit and pray that I don't die before it can be redumped.

Edited by www.atarimania.com

2 hours ago, Fred_M said:

You are not the only one Bertrand ;-) 

And I made tape to disk copies of your Cymbal Software (Games 20) collection. Think I could copy all 20 games and a) put them on a DOS 2 disk (90k, one diskside per tape) and b) put them on twenty separate bootdisks with CasDis.

Note: The DOS 2 diskversions do not contain a DOS nor a menu, just the copied data (transfered with C/D Copy 54k by M.Thiel). The CasDis bootversions can be booted with Atari Basic and a lot of patience, since almost all Basic programs do load further data (font file, object code, etc.)...

I recorded all tapes onto CD-RW with my Hifi system, but I did NOT keep my CD-RW recordings and also did not create WAV or CAS files. (Erased the CD-RW after successfully converting all 20 programs to diskette.)

Games20_DOSdisk.zip Games20_CasDis_Bootdisks.zip

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

And I made tape to disk copies of your Cymbal Software (Games 20) collection.

Great to know that my tapes are working ? These cassettes are on my list to dump for the a8preservation project including cas- and wav-files.

5 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

And I made tape to disk copies of your Cymbal Software (Games 20) collection. Think I could copy all 20 games and a) put them on a DOS 2 disk (90k, one diskside per tape) and b) put them on twenty separate bootdisks with CasDis.

Note: The DOS 2 diskversions do not contain a DOS nor a menu, just the copied data (transfered with C/D Copy 54k by M.Thiel). The CasDis bootversions can be booted with Atari Basic and a lot of patience, since almost all Basic programs do load further data (font file, object code, etc.)...

I recorded all tapes onto CD-RW with my Hifi system, but I did NOT keep my CD-RW recordings and also did not create WAV or CAS files. (Erased the CD-RW after successfully converting all 20 programs to diskette.)

Games20_DOSdisk.zip 84.2 kB · 4 downloads Games20_CasDis_Bootdisks.zip 113.74 kB · 4 downloads

is this all 20 games?!?! getting excited here! can you guys scan the inserts? 

this fills a void for me guys. thanks so much

edit

couldn't wait to get to my computer. installed Colleen on my android phone and tried the arts. my first time seeing maze master since my childhood. thank you so so much. made my day. I'm honestly so grateful. so happy. I have for a long long long time thought this childhood memory was gone. so happy.

Edited by oo7

On 4/4/2007 at 1:31 PM, Noelio said:

Its listed as unbelievably rare.

Sounds like I got a gem! :)

I had this since I was a kid. In fact, I got a 600XL & this tape set for Christmas, with no tape deck!

Had to wait about six months before I could use it hahaha.

Some really well done games. I hope I can dump it but I am slightly concerned where there are

approx 3 second pauses (tape stops then starts again) between load chimes. Might be an early

piracy prevention scheme... Not sure.

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=1224

I too had got this before a tape drive lol. my mom had got it via Sears Canada for me.

Edited by oo7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 12/6/2019 at 10:15 PM, oo7 said:

my first time seeing maze master since my childhood. thank you so so much. made my day.

This game is really well done. Good AI for the "ghosts." I also love the fact that you can accumulate power pills and use them when you want to, instead of being forced to use them on pickup. (Note: This file is the same one uploaded by CharlieChaplin. I've just renamed it for clarity.)

Maze Master (req Basic).ATR

• Like 1