IGNORED

Final Super Pac-Man Binaries Released

Albert

Allan-

There's not really much to show, but I also don't have any webspace to hold them. The game looks the same just the engine running it is different.

Well I'll take your word that there's not much to show but if there were you could have just posted the pictures on Atariage. I only asked because you had mentioned that you were going to do that. Keep up the great work. I think Tempest will be one of the top best 5200 games when it's done.

Allan

> Special thanks go out to Landon Dyer, who programmed the 5200/8-bit

> version of Super Pac-Man, for allowing the release of these binaries.

A couple of nits:

1. I did the 8-bit version of this (somebody else did the port to the 5200. Since the chipsets were essentially the same, I assume this was just changing some equates for register locations and integrating the different controller).

2. I didn't have anything to do with releasing binaries (they almost certainly leaked from the duping lab).

I always felt that the difficulty maxed-out around level twenty or so, whereupon you could play until you got bored.

Anyway, it was fun to write. Cheers.

-landon

When talking about releasing binaries I'm sure he meant the final versions. Not the ones that got leaked back when Tramiel took over.

Either way I'm glad it managed to escape out to the public, along with a few other non-released 8-bit/5200 titles.

now if we just had source code for a 7800 port...

How about a 2600 version?

-Rick

That might actually exist. Some internal Atari docs put the 2600 version at 5%, which probably isn't more than some kernel work but still...

Tempest