IGNORED

Atlantis II on EBAY $50,000

taxman

From what I've read the label is no different from a production Atlantis cart so you should have no problem finding a donor cart with the correct variation label and removing it the way homerwannabee described if you want to replace it. In my opinion the condition of the label shouldn't matter on this particular cart at all. I think you were smart to take it apart. I have no opinion on the authenticity because I know nothing about what it should look like.

y-bot

I think it's authentic.

It does said Imagic on the PCB board.

But what about the other side with the white thing?

It's not white - it is metal that my camera flash made appear like something white.

If you look closely, you'll see some minor scratching on the metal in the lower left-hand corner.

I can post a larger picture, or take another, if it is absolutely necessary for validation.

I think it's authentic.

It does said Imagic on the PCB board.

But what about the other side with the white thing?

It's not white - it is metal that my camera flash made appear like something white.

If you look closely, you'll see some minor scratching on the metal in the lower left-hand corner.

I can post a larger picture, or take another, if it is absolutely necessary for validation.

It's a shield over the rom or prom or eprom or whatever's under there.

y-bot

Same here. I don't know if it is authentic or not. I personally have never taken apart an Imagic game before. Also if that is real is that a Masked Rom cart or a Eprom cart :ponder:

I have no idea how to identify one over another. That's why I laughed when people suggested I forged it... I wish I was that good. I just learned how to soldier two years ago to make the Atari poker table.. and fried 2 six switch units along the way.

I can open plenty of Imagic games... I have at least 40, and enough Riddle to not give a damn about a dozen of 'em. Hell, I'll cut all the Imagics open and count the mean, median and mode of the chips if I must. But something tells me CPUWIZ will be along soon enough with the official verdict...

Try to remove the shield if possible.

Do not listen to him!!!!

Well I said IF POSSIBLE.

READ PEOPLE!!!

But if you want to count the fact that the board saids "Imagic" on it, then it's real then.

Do not listen to him!!!!

I'm with you.

It's easy to tell who knows their pooh, and I'm waiting on CPUWIZ before I do anything further.

I'm just thinking if it's authentic, perhaps I should put it into an Atlantis day scene case, and put it up on my shelf amidst the rest of my Imagic games. It's not like I could accidentally put it into an auction lot without realizing...

Do not listen to him!!!!

Well I said IF POSSIBLE.

READ PEOPLE!!!

But if you want to count the fact that the board saids "Imagic" on it, then it's real then.

:roll:

Do not listen to him!!!!

Well I said IF POSSIBLE.

READ PEOPLE!!!

No offense meant by my other post, Fighter17... If you read above, my electronics skills are still covered in techie afterbirth. I haven't gained my confidence enough to screw with something so potentially valuable if someone can identify it without attempting such a procedure.

Do not listen to him!!!!

I'm with you.

It's easy to tell who knows their pooh, and I'm waiting on CPUWIZ before I do anything further.

I'm just thinking if it's authentic, perhaps I should put it into an Atlantis day scene case, and put it up on my shelf amidst the rest of my Imagic games. It's not like I could accidentally put it into an auction lot without realizing...

Well I guess the shield removing idea is not popular with the guys.

Can't blame you guys, don't want to destory the PCB board.

I understand.

Do not listen to him!!!!

Well I said IF POSSIBLE.

READ PEOPLE!!!

No offense meant by my other post, Fighter17... If you read above, my electronics skills are still covered in techie afterbirth. I haven't gained my confidence enough to screw with something so potentially valuable if someone can identify it without attempting such a procedure.

Understand.

I think it's real, because of "Imagic" on the PCB board.

Waiting for final answer.....

Edited by Fighter17

I suspect it is real. It is unlikely that someone would spend the time to put a new label on a copy and then put a"II" on it.

That being said, you could always take remove another Atlantis label and replace it on this cart.

I suspect it is real. It is unlikely that someone would spend the time to put a new label on a copy and then put a"II" on it.

That being said, you could always take remove another Atlantis label and replace it on this cart.

Yep, what Deus said. This is a reason I thought there was a very good chance it was real even with the original auctioneer denounced it. Now I don't think you've lowered the value of your cart at all, in fact quite the opposite. This is the best thing you could have done to authenticate it other than having the paperwork (probably better).

Grats! I'm fairly positive CPU will give you good news.

Yep, what Deus said. This is a reason I thought there was a very good chance it was real even with the original auctioneer denounced it. Now I don't think you've lowered the value of your cart at all, in fact quite the opposite. This is the best thing you could have done to authenticate it other than having the paperwork (probably better).

Well if CPU gives us the good news, you're going to be an rich man zeitshabba!

Deus pegged my original rationale - I spent at least 10 hours just staring at the auction before it closed, trying to run through every possible reason why it would be marked with a 2 before I max bid at damn-near a week's pay.

I suspect, as does CPUWIZ, that the poster here known as solow_rider is not the same as the eBay handle... If it is, then simply post your first name "solow_rider" - you know I know it. I'm almost ready to bet the game back that it isn't the same person. (Plus, none of the communications with the original seller included the lazy caps lock BS, which tipped me off. You gotta love the haters...

Deus pegged my original rationale - I spent at least 10 hours just staring at the auction before it closed, trying to run through every possible reason why it would be marked with a 2 before I max bid at damn-near a week's pay.

I suspect, as does CPUWIZ, that the poster here known as solow_rider is not the same as the eBay handle... If it is, then simply post your first name "solow_rider" - you know I know it. I'm almost ready to bet the game back that it isn't the same person. (Plus, none of the communications with the original seller included the lazy caps lock BS, which tipped me off. You gotta love the haters...

Umm, you really should check out post number 96 :ponder:

MY NAME IS ROB AS IN ROBERT I DID NOT WANT TO LOG IN ANYMORE OR CAUSE ANY MORE PROBLEMS FOR YOU ALL I AM GOING BY IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE GAMES I SOLD BUT YOU INSISTED SO HERE I AM.

You are correct with the name, and it would appear you were in turn lied to, given the internals of the game as I have shown them.

Now that the game has been opened and the truth unveiled, why not bring the original owner - your "brother," as you earlier claimed - onto the board?

But this last post you didn't mention your brother as you did earlier, but now it has become "THE ORIGINAL OWNER"?

Which is it?

Also, why would you have requested my full contact information from eBay and contact someone else without directly contacting me as well, if you thought I was in error? That would be rather, how should I say it... spineless? honorless? You pick.

Your story stinks all over.