IGNORED

AIR RAID!

ItsAtariTime

first Brazil (good call there CPU!!) , now Mexico.. what will it be in the next couple of years? :ponder:

can't wait for a boxed one to pop up, would love to get this cleared up for good. :)

Rick

It's crazy when dealing with rare games.

first Brazil (good call there CPU!!) , now Mexico.. what will it be in the next couple of years? :ponder:

can't wait for a boxed one to pop up, would love to get this cleared up for good. :)

Rick

It's crazy when dealing with rare games.

Rick

Didn't someone have a box in storage, or has that years-old story been put to rest?

I think that rumor has been debunked. Several carts have appeared over the years and no boxes, so I'm guessing it's like Eli's Ladder and there is no box.

As for the scanline thing, If it's between NTSC and PAL wouldn't that make it PAL-M? So wouldn't that point to a South American origin for this game? To me that would make sense.

Tempest

Yes it would most likely be an PAL-M title (so it points to South America).

If some people's copies of Air Raid plays perfectly fine on NTSC TVs, then what's the deal with the 580 scanlines? Playing an PAL game onto an NTSC TV gives you an rolling image. That photo of Air Raid playing played on the TV in the auction doesn't show any rolling issues whatsoever. Also the colors didn't change when playing on an NTSC TV.

There's have to be more to the story than simply an hack.

my jedi sense tells me that fighter17 might not last long before the wolves get him

What wolves, I didn't do anything wrong.

FYI: There are enough members willing to ship to outside the US or Canada.

Haven't you learned to read yourself, some people do have friends. :roll:

And the info posted about Air Raid that you seem to be refuting with all fervor has been re-hashed, then the re-hash has been microwaved enough times not to want to touch again. Search functions I hear are the "in thing" nowadays.

Hoppy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Hoppy Everything, all. :)

Now if you are around Cleveland there's about a foot of snow on the ground in the last 3 days, lol. :ponder:

It's great to have friends you can ask for shipping. Didn't thought about it at all. :)

Edit: Did anyone contact Garry Kitchen about Space Jockey and if he had any idea about Air Raid?

Edited by Fighter17

Man, Air Raid is quite a rare hack. I think there are two things that make Air Raid unique......

1) The unique blue case (which several people have told me is not easy to create

2) Only eight or so have been found

I think the above credentials speak for themselves!!! :)

Wonder: if that was the case, then many "pirate" carts would be considered rare since many people have only seen exactly that, ;ess than 10 of some pirate hack carts for many systems.

Besides the middle of the road PAL issue, I think the fact that this was not sold in any store ever and no box exists, I don't see how anyone (especially with no bonafide story) can firmly believe this came out in the US at all.

Edit: Did anyone contact Garry Kitchen about Space Jockey and if he had any idea about Air Raid?

Thats a good idea. Mystery solved. Garry Kitchen did a hack of his own game.

Oh cut me some slack. :roll:

I herd weird things in the Atari world before.

@dreamTR

using that thinking, Karate by ultravision does not have a box since no one here has a box of it. just because no one has it here, does not mean it don't exist! atari 2600 items are popping up all the time (proto's, released carts...ect)

Rick

@dreamTR

using that thinking, Karate by ultravision does not have a box since no one here has a box of it. just because no one has it here, does not mean it don't exist! atari 2600 items are popping up all the time (proto's, released carts...ect)

Rick

The only problem with that is Ultravision also made another game called Condor Attack that actually has the box. Also Froggo made a clone of this game so it is just a little more authentic. Air Raid truly is a mystery. No one knows the person who programmed this. No one has even been able to verify that this company even existed. Not a single person has ever come forward to say that they were associated with this company in any way.

Edited by homerwannabee

Your not banned yet? :?

And why should I be banned?

Last time I check I didn't break any rules whatsoever.

One thing you might want to be careful of is your post count. I noticed that you have posted over 53 times within the last 24 hours. I can't remember when the last time I saw someone post that many times in a day.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?act=Stats

Edited by homerwannabee

One thing you might want to be careful of is your post count. I noticed that you have posted over 53 times within the last 24 hours. I can't remember when the last time I saw someone post that many times in a day.

Because sadly I'm on my computer all day. :(

post.gif

:D

Funny. :)

Anyway, most of the post is from the Air Raid thread (which we are in right now), and trying to post in most new threads.

In the next few days the post per day count will most likely decrease.

Edited by Fighter17

I don't think there are any rules about how many times you can post in a day, AFAIK

Air Raid is from Mexico, at least thats where the last one found was from (at a garage sale) my guess is it was sold in a bag or something. Doubt it ever had a box, that story I read about it sounds like BS to me. PAL? NTSC? Who knows, my guess is shitty, rushed programming that resulted in a crappy hack that nobody bought or wanted leaving a few "rare" copies of it floating around Mexico that will slowly turn up over the years :)
Exactly my thoughts.

BTW: I know this doesn't mean too much, but this cart from Mexico also has two cut out rectangles in the back (just like the Air Raid cart):

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=18503

Does anyone know a cartridge type that has this too?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Air Raid is from Mexico, at least thats where the last one found was from (at a garage sale) my guess is it was sold in a bag or something. Doubt it ever had a box, that story I read about it sounds like BS to me. PAL? NTSC? Who knows, my guess is shitty, rushed programming that resulted in a crappy hack that nobody bought or wanted leaving a few "rare" copies of it floating around Mexico that will slowly turn up over the years :)
Exactly my thoughts.

BTW: I know this doesn't mean too much, but this cart from Mexico also has two cut out rectangles in the back (just like the Air Raid cart):

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=18503

Does anyone know a cartridge type that has this too?

8)

So far no.

Interesting neverless.