IGNORED

New Twist on a Very Good 1200XL Upgrade

Guitarman

11 minutes ago, hueyjones70 said:

I was under the impression that the computer would boot to basic. It also boots to mem test when I boot with Option pressed.

Is OPTION accidentally being stuck (held pressed) or reading incorrectly? Go to the keyboard self test and verify. 

If the OPTION key is being read correctly, then something about your mod is incorrect. Post photos for others to see what you might have missed.

The Option, Select, Start, and Reset work as they should with PAC-MAN.  If I pull the basic EPROM, the computer does the same thing as it does with the EPROM installed.  I have used 2 different EPROMS. I got them from NEZGAR and I have used maybe a dozen of them and had no problems.  Here are some pictures of the mod.  When I changed EPROMs I decided to use a connector instead of soldering to the IC.  I used tiny pieces of a dual wipe socket. I did two of the wires on the underside of the MB.

1011374498_1200XLOSmodd.thumb.jpg.5f569aaa7c09b5e699076a86bd638662.jpg1457157096_1200XLOSmodc.thumb.jpg.835d9a57803e6e0f2c3bcc7b377844ce.jpg

1200XL OS mod a.jpg