IGNORED

1200XL - Clearpic or SuperVideo 2.1?

Guitarman

Favored 1200XL Video Mod  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the preferred video upgrade for the 1200XL?

• Clearpic Upgrade
    • SuperVideo 2.1
    • Other (specify)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

In an earlier post I mentioned that I had performed the SuperVideo 2.1 upgrade to a 1200XL and it didn't work out.  I did go back over my work and I even reinstalled the parts that were taken out.  I did not use the old parts but installed new capacitors, resistors, etc.  When I finished, I still had no video so I went back to the SV 2.1 and performed all of the steps again.  NO VIDEO/NO BOOT Then I installed the UAV and everything works with the UAV just as it should.  I am attaching a picture just in case someone with SV 2,1 experience might take a look to see if there is anything obvious such as wrong part removed and/or replaced.1200XL MB2.jpg

Atari 1200XL MB.jpg

2 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

In an earlier post I mentioned that I had performed the SuperVideo 2.1 upgrade to a 1200XL and it didn't work out.  I did go back over my work and I even reinstalled the parts that were taken out.  I did not use the old parts but installed new capacitors, resistors, etc.  When I finished, I still had no video so I went back to the SV 2.1 and performed all of the steps again.  NO VIDEO/NO BOOT Then I installed the UAV and everything works with the UAV just as it should.  I am attaching a picture just in case someone with SV 2,1 experience might take a look to see if there is anything obvious such as wrong part removed and/or replaced.1200XL MB2.jpg

Atari 1200XL MB.jpg

I'll take a look at my SV 2.1 upgrade for you tomorrow and compare. It's been quite a few years now...but mine works perfectly and did the first time I tested it.