IGNORED

How to connect to tv

pangasinan

Hi i have just bought a old pong console,but the male aerial plug that is connected to the end of it is different to the female aerial plug on the tv.The male plug on the console is the same as a rca plug,but it is not rca .I have searched everywhere for some sort of adapter or cable whithout any luck,can someone please tell me if such an adapter exists and where i can buy one on line,i live in Australia and from what i can gather the female arial plugs are different than those in America,in Australia they just push in ,but i think in America they screw in.Below i have included a couple of photos to show what i mean.

post-12694-1176504691.jpg

post-12694-1176504703_thumb.jpg

Edited by pangasinan

The male antenna plug on Atari consoles (top pic) IS a standard RCA connector. There should be some type of adapter to fit your television's input (bottom pic?).

Ok where can i get one from ??

I know there should be ,but i cant find one.Thats why i posted here so someone can point me in the right direction.All i can find is rca to screw in ,not rca to push in.You see in Australia we are behind the rest of the world with stuff like that ,you go to the local electronic store and you only have the basic stuff like rca to rca and thats about it...we are lucky to have tv here..lol..

Edited by pangasinan

The easiest way is to cut the rca plug from the cable and replace it with the right antenna connector.

I've never seen an adapter from rca to IEC 169-2 connector (the antenna plug used in Europe an Australia), but you can build one yourself if you don't want to modify the console. Just buy a female rca and a male antenna connector (you'll find these in any elecric store) and connect them with a short piece of coax cable.

Edited by alex_79

That's what I was trying to find out. "Antenna socket" doesn't really help much.

First result from Google...

http://www.connect-tech-products.com

Part number CTP-186C-06 is a Female RCA to Male IEC adapter available here in the US at that company, so there should be something similar abroad (where IEC appears to be more commonplace).

Part number CTP-C-590-6035 is a 20' cable replacement that you could install right inside the 2600, that already has the correct plugs on either end.

Part number CTP-C-590-6035 is a 20' cable replacement that you could install right inside the 2600, that already has the correct plugs on either end.

PAL 2600 and 7800 already came with the IEC plug installed. If the pong console has a detachable cable, with a rca socket on the rear of the console or inside the case, you can swap it with the Atari one.

th_rf.jpg