IGNORED

Dark Tower Boardgame for Sale

joeybastard

While digging thru my attic for stuff for our impending garage sale, I found my wife's Dark Tower game from when she was a kid. I put batteries in it and tested the tower and it seems to work perfectly. That is, I did all of the functions mentioned in the manual and it responded exactly as described. All of the various pieces and the manual are in the box with only flaw being that one of the corner pieces used to clamp the board together is broken. This does not effect gameplay at all. The box is in kind of bad shape and had been repaired with scocth tape by my mother in law years ago. The kit for bulb replacement is intact, in fact it's unopened. The board is in great shape and none of the other pieces are bent or broken.

I know this thing goes for $200+ on eBay but I'd rather see somebody on here get it for less. I'd like to get $175 shipped in the US. That's about $150 for the game and roughly $25 to ship it. It's a big box and to rebox it and ship it won't be cheap unfortunately.

Please check out the pics and PM me if you're interested. I tried to get a pic when the tower was lit and unlit.

Thanks!

post-1401-1176770719_thumb.jpg

post-1401-1176770734_thumb.jpg

Edited by joeybastard

Greatest... game... EVER !

That's a very fair price, especially for a working and basically complete one.

The fact that the original inner box for the tower is still there is amazing.

That's almost impossible to find now.

Very nice Mr. Bastard. :cool:

Edited by therealred5

Thanks, I'm thought it was a fair price but we'll see what happens. I think the only thing missing is the warranty card but I'm not 100% positive. If I don't get any interest here, it's off to eBay.

I found another electronic board game up in the attic called Stop Thief that was complete and works perfectly too. The box is kind of toast though since my mother-in-law put HUGE masking tape all around it. I know that's a lot more common but it'll probably go to eBay too.

Edited by joeybastard

JoeyB - the only issue Ive heard with DT is the 2 and 3 rows in the tower get misaligned - or continue to spin. There are places that fix this.

If you have everything working with all pieces and no marks, $150 is a fair price to ask.

Nope, everything stops on a dime in all three rows. :)

@Eric, PM answered :)

It depends... I think a fairly good shaped one goes for $175-250

I had a perfect one that I bought for $2 one time. Everything was great... it was missing the plastic board connectors. Everything ese was minty.

I sold it on ebay for around $225. The Really mint ones can go for over $300 (or near that). I've seen a lot of them going for about $175 lately though.

My thinking was that I was wanting to grab one for only $100-150 total. But being that an AA member was offering it, I figured why not.

I trust pretty much EVERY AA member more than most folks on ebay.

It depends... I think a fairly good shaped one goes for $175-250

I had a perfect one that I bought for $2 one time. Everything was great... it was missing the plastic board connectors. Everything ese was minty.

I sold it on ebay for around $225. The Really mint ones can go for over $300 (or near that). I've seen a lot of them going for about $175 lately though.

My thinking was that I was wanting to grab one for only $100-150 total. But being that an AA member was offering it, I figured why not.

I trust pretty much EVERY AA member more than most folks on ebay.

Oh I'm not complaining, I was just goofing around based on everybody saying how much more I could have gotten. I'd much rather deal with AA folks for a few less bucks than take chance on eBay any day.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna just mention that I got my package today, ran out and grabbed a few D cell batteries, and I'm a happy Dark Tower playing fool right now! joeybastard is top notch and I thank him for a wonderful, woderful deal.

Everything was as described and arrived in great condition. A corner piece was broke, as he mentioned, and a flag for the tower was broke. No big deal. I've got to figure out what I'm going to do to repair the corners of the box. I was thinking about using the 'paper' tape that most people use on packages that they mail. Not the type with lines of re-enforcement... but the regular type. (Not sure if that makes any sense.

Basically that will stabalize the corners and make the box very sturdy. Do any of you have suggestions on what I can do with say the outside corners of the box? There's only one really bad corner.... I knew about it before buying... so it isn't a big deal. If anyone is good at repairing boxes and have a few suggestions I'd appreciate the advice!

Joeybastard... again... thank you for the game and thank you for being a great Atari Age member! I appreciate it and recommend that everyone considers dealing with him in the future. Great guy, left plenty of information, and never left me in the dark. That is perfect business in my opinion!!!!

Thanks again!

Eric DeLee

I use that paper tape all the time to repair old cardboard boxes. It works great but some kinds are stickier than others.

y-bot

I wanna just mention that I got my package today, ran out and grabbed a few D cell batteries, and I'm a happy Dark Tower playing fool right now! joeybastard is top notch and I thank him for a wonderful, woderful deal.

Everything was as described and arrived in great condition. A corner piece was broke, as he mentioned, and a flag for the tower was broke. No big deal. I've got to figure out what I'm going to do to repair the corners of the box. I was thinking about using the 'paper' tape that most people use on packages that they mail. Not the type with lines of re-enforcement... but the regular type. (Not sure if that makes any sense.

Basically that will stabalize the corners and make the box very sturdy. Do any of you have suggestions on what I can do with say the outside corners of the box? There's only one really bad corner.... I knew about it before buying... so it isn't a big deal. If anyone is good at repairing boxes and have a few suggestions I'd appreciate the advice!

Joeybastard... again... thank you for the game and thank you for being a great Atari Age member! I appreciate it and recommend that everyone considers dealing with him in the future. Great guy, left plenty of information, and never left me in the dark. That is perfect business in my opinion!!!!

Thanks again!

Eric DeLee

Everything was as described and arrived in great condition. A corner piece was broke, as he mentioned, and a flag for the tower was broke. No big deal.

I didn't even know that flag was broken! It fit into the top of the tower so it didn't occur to me that anything was wrong. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Let me just mention to everybody else that EricDeLee was a pleasure to deal with and I would happily do business with him again.

Thanks again, and have fun storming the Tower!

Everything was as described and arrived in great condition. A corner piece was broke, as he mentioned, and a flag for the tower was broke. No big deal.

I didn't even know that flag was broken! It fit into the top of the tower so it didn't occur to me that anything was wrong. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Let me just mention to everybody else that EricDeLee was a pleasure to deal with and I would happily do business with him again.

Thanks again, and have fun storming the Tower!

Yep... just the bottom portion of the flag post was broken off. The portion that makes it fit snug into the tower.

Did it bother me... heck no. I was too busy looking for the damned 3rd key when an 11 year old was storming the tower and winning the game! LOL