IGNORED

I just got Pac-Man Jr

Esplin

I love this game and it was so worth the two bucks I spent on it! I never really played it before and just the size of the mazes and the amount of fun I had in the first ten minutes made me realize that I just got myself a gem. The ghost are intelligent and I enjoyed watching how well the AI was done this time around. The graphics are such a far cry from the horrible 2600 version of Pac-Man and is even better then Ms. Pac-Man. I just had to post about it and to see if anyone agrees with me :)

I lived in a house with 5 roommates once and we played this game more than anything else, even madden football. It was just so fun, this was long before I got back in to Atari I might ad. This guys emulator was probably what got me back in to the 2600 to tell the truth....I guess jr pac is responsible for me picking the Atari back up again the more I think about it :)

It didn't hit the shelves until 1987, even though the game itself has a 1984 copyright on screen. It's relatively easy to find, too -- I got mine still sealed in box off eBay around two years ago for $5.

I'm guessing not all that many stores were stocking 2600 titles by 1987...?

It didn't hit the shelves until 1987, even though the game itself has a 1984 copyright on screen. It's relatively easy to find, too -- I got mine still sealed in box off eBay around two years ago for $5.

I'm guessing not all that many stores were stocking 2600 titles by 1987...?

I distinctly remember buying my copy of the game at Kay-Bee in late 1986, right around the time Atari reintroduced the 2600 to the market.

We got our copy at the dollar store at our local mall (I'm guessing it was probably sometime between '89 and '91) along with Gravitar.

We had Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man along with this game - I played Jr. Pac-man more than either of the others, hands down.

I remember seeing Jr. Pac-Man in the store -- Kay-Bee -- in 1987, and I asked for it for Christmas....and got it, along with Crystal Castles....both provided for some fantastic game playing!

A couple of weeks after Christmas my mother asked what I thought of Jr. Pac-Man. I told her it's probably the best Atari game I'd ever played (still true to this day, except for the homebrews I've played!). She said the guy at the counter said the same thing.

BTW - Jr. Pac-Man is included in a montage in that 2600jr commercial -- "The fun is back, oh yessiree...it's the 2600 from A-ta-ree..."

Edited by Dauber

I must agree also.Just played it this morning.Or more accurately, got my ass kicked;a very difficult game indeed.Sometimes I can get to level 4 with two lives left, but usually lose them real fast just because I start to get mentally tired.

Yeah, Jr Pac is awesome. It's murderously hard, but that always makes me hit reset just 'one more time' (yeah right, like it's ever just once). Great game, and one of the most overlooked five star titles on the system. Nice to see it getting some cred.

I made it to the fifth screen where power pellets maybe last 2 seconds. Very tough game, but more fun than Pac-Man. Are there any Easter Eggs in this game or Acts as seen in the arcade version of Ms. Pac-Man?

No real "acts," although it does have BREAKS -- the game kind of pauses and plays the tunes from the arcade breaks. Apparently they tried to fit the animations in, but they couldn't, but let the breaks stay in. And I believe you can bypass the breaks by pressing the fire button.