IGNORED

Alex/Albert

• 18 years later...
14 hours ago, Shawn said:

Anyone talked to Alex over the last few years? Last time I talked to him was a good 3 or 4 years ago at least, maybe longer?

I just remember that "bigfoot" post he did for christmas like 10 years ago, other than that haven't heard anything since back when I first joined here...

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

I just remember that "bigfoot" post he did for christmas like 10 years ago, other than that haven't heard anything since back when I first joined here...

He used to pop in from time to time. Was even a participant when the AA had it's dedicated chat function.

EDIT: I'd say a good 90 percent of current users have no clue who Alex is. The ol' boys do sure, but most others wouldn't have a clue.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Shawn said:

He used to pop in from time to time. Was even a participant when the AA had it's dedicated chat function.

EDIT: I'd say a good 90 percent of current users have no clue who Alex is. The ol' boys do sure, but most others wouldn't have a clue.

ha! yeah, I do remember him being around back when I first joined. Not incredibly active but "here" once a month or so... yeah, honestly if not for the reminder I kind of forgot there was a co-founder as well...

• 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Plenty of people use the feedback forum. Most of the time it seems to be buyers giving feedback to sellers though?

I can understand that.  It is important to know that someone selling stuff is not going to screw a user out of money, and a lot of people ignore the hazards of a bad buyer.  I try to remember to post up for both sides of a transaction.

• Like 4

Yall are in the minority then, or else I wouldnt have made the comment. I’ve purchased from a dozen or so sellers over the last year, only two left feedback for me. A deal just stalled out because I wont friends/family people I havent dealt with before, and the seller didnt trust me enough to do a good/services even if I paid the dumb fees. 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, Shawn said:

It's crazy to be a user of a forum for a decade and realize that it had been around a decade prior. 99% of the forums I was posting on in the early 2000s are just gone, yet here AA is, churning away and perhaps even growing with kids who were born after 9/11.

• Like 2

I’ve been here for a few years and I’ve never heard of Alex.

1 hour ago, jesusc said:

Yall are in the minority then, or else I wouldnt have made the comment. I’ve purchased from a dozen or so sellers over the last year, only two left feedback for me. A deal just stalled out because I wont friends/family people I havent dealt with before, and the seller didnt trust me enough to do a good/services even if I paid the dumb fees. 

Or you could be the minority, as I see a lot of activity in the feedback forum. But really, nobody is obliged to give you feedback, and it isn't considered rude not to do so. I've dealt with people on Atariage a fair amount of times and I have no feedback thread. Granted, I'm neither someone you'd want to give good feedback nor naughty enough to receive negative feedback, but either way, I have no problem with people not caring to give me feedback. If you do, then, well, I dunno what to tell ya.

The best you can do is give the other guy positive feedback and hope he does the same.

Edited by bluejay
typo