Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/5/2021 at 10:18 PM, Shawn said:

Almost 20 years late but whatever :P

 

Like the old Snl skit, "they shot kennedy???" 🙃

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mianrtcv said:

Like the old Snl skit, "they shot kennedy???" 🙃

Man, I just heard the Doobies broke up! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone talked to Alex over the last few years? Last time I talked to him was a good 3 or 4 years ago at least, maybe longer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shawn said:

Anyone talked to Alex over the last few years? Last time I talked to him was a good 3 or 4 years ago at least, maybe longer?

I just remember that "bigfoot" post he did for christmas like 10 years ago, other than that haven't heard anything since back when I first joined here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

I just remember that "bigfoot" post he did for christmas like 10 years ago, other than that haven't heard anything since back when I first joined here...

 

He used to pop in from time to time. Was even a participant when the AA had it's dedicated chat function.

 

EDIT: I'd say a good 90 percent of current users have no clue who Alex is. The ol' boys do sure, but most others wouldn't have a clue.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Shawn said:

 

He used to pop in from time to time. Was even a participant when the AA had it's dedicated chat function.

 

EDIT: I'd say a good 90 percent of current users have no clue who Alex is. The ol' boys do sure, but most others wouldn't have a clue.

ha! yeah, I do remember him being around back when I first joined. Not incredibly active but "here" once a month or so... yeah, honestly if not for the reminder I kind of forgot there was a co-founder as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Alex. Rumor is that he is retired and living off of his AA royalty payments.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, toiletunes said:

FB_IMG_1612528296420.jpg

That is GOLD!

18 hours ago, Cafeman said:

Some people remember there being an Alex. Others don't.   Mandela Effect? 

How do you remember Bearenstain Bears being spelled????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't people use the feedback forum? My excuse sucks, but I stopped leaving feedback for the sellers I buy from because I wasn't getting any feedback from them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of people use the feedback forum. Most of the time it seems to be buyers giving feedback to sellers though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Plenty of people use the feedback forum. Most of the time it seems to be buyers giving feedback to sellers though?

I can understand that.  It is important to know that someone selling stuff is not going to screw a user out of money, and a lot of people ignore the hazards of a bad buyer.  I try to remember to post up for both sides of a transaction.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I can understand that.  It is important to know that someone selling stuff is not going to screw a user out of money, and a lot of people ignore the hazards of a bad buyer.  I try to remember to post up for both sides of a transaction.

Same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yall are in the minority then, or else I wouldnt have made the comment. I’ve purchased from a dozen or so sellers over the last year, only two left feedback for me. A deal just stalled out because I wont friends/family people I havent dealt with before, and the seller didnt trust me enough to do a good/services even if I paid the dumb fees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, Shawn said:

 

He used to pop in from time to time. Was even a participant when the AA had it's dedicated chat function.

 

EDIT: I'd say a good 90 percent of current users have no clue who Alex is. The ol' boys do sure, but most others wouldn't have a clue.

It's crazy to be a user of a forum for a decade and realize that it had been around a decade prior. 99% of the forums I was posting on in the early 2000s are just gone, yet here AA is, churning away and perhaps even growing with kids who were born after 9/11.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
He used to pop in from time to time. Was even a participant when the AA had it's dedicated chat function.
 
EDIT: I'd say a good 90 percent of current users have no clue who Alex is. The ol' boys do sure, but most others wouldn't have a clue.

I’ve been here for a few years and I’ve never heard of Alex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jesusc said:

Yall are in the minority then, or else I wouldnt have made the comment. I’ve purchased from a dozen or so sellers over the last year, only two left feedback for me. A deal just stalled out because I wont friends/family people I havent dealt with before, and the seller didnt trust me enough to do a good/services even if I paid the dumb fees. 

Or you could be the minority, as I see a lot of activity in the feedback forum. But really, nobody is obliged to give you feedback, and it isn't considered rude not to do so. I've dealt with people on Atariage a fair amount of times and I have no feedback thread. Granted, I'm neither someone you'd want to give good feedback nor naughty enough to receive negative feedback, but either way, I have no problem with people not caring to give me feedback. If you do, then, well, I dunno what to tell ya.

 

The best you can do is give the other guy positive feedback and hope he does the same.

Edited by bluejay
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think anything I said warranted your hostility, but I apologize for giving offense by asking a question. Good day!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t trying to be hostile, just statin’ the facts, or at least, my understanding of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jesusc said:

I dont think anything I said warranted your hostility, but I apologize for giving offense by asking a question. Good day!

Disagreeing with someone isn't being hostile to them.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...