IGNORED

Xbox Live: Anyway to delete credit card info?

bruser_inc

Bought the new Halo 2 maps on my 360. Needed a credit card to buy them, and I don't want that info sitting on my system for anyone who plays my system to see. Plus, I really don't really want the card up for myself for I don't buy Arcade games all the time.

Thanks!

Just cancel that card, get a new one, and buy the MS points either at retail stores, or from Amazon.com :cool: that's a hell of alot safer.

Edited by Gunstarhero

Bought the new Halo 2 maps on my 360. Needed a credit card to buy them, and I don't want that info sitting on my system for anyone who plays my system to see. Plus, I really don't really want the card up for myself for I don't buy Arcade games all the time.

Thanks!

Just cancel that card, get a new one, and buy the MS points either at retail stores, or from Amazon.com :cool: that's a hell of alot safer.

1) I have been, that is how I use Live and buy points.

2) The only way you can buy the maps is with a credit card, seeing people using the Xbox can buy them and they don't use points.

3) Don't be a fucking ass.

Thanks!

1) I have been, that is how I use Live and buy points.

2) The only way you can buy the maps is with a credit card, seeing people using the Xbox can buy them and they don't use points.

3) Don't be a fucking ass.

? I'm sorry I don't understand that last comment. Care to explain it? If it helps I didn't realize you can't buy Halo maps with MS points...I don't have Halo.

Edited by Gunstarhero

I found this on other forums:

To remove any credit card details you have to phone M$ and ask them to remove your CC details, there is no other way to remove them from your 360 account, as for everything else you can just delete them from the system blade.

Http://billing.microsoft.com - Sign in with your Passport info.

It still keeps the "record" of your card as being removed on your account, but it will no longer show up under "methods of payment" on your console. I've done this myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that doesn't work, he should just call them, ask for the billing department, and tell them to cancel the account. Canceling the account does not cancel or delete a profile (AKA Gamertag), it just removes the billing data.

Not sure if either of these will help you. I haven't ever tried to remove a CC from my profile.

You can't because microsoft likes to make everything hard to do, you have to call customer services to get that info erased from your account, if your using your .net passport profile it's saved to that so it's kinda a pain in the ass :/

Edited by EmOneGarand

You can't because microsoft likes to make everything hard to do, you have to call customer services to get that info erased from your account, if your using your .net passport profile it's saved to that so it's kinda a pain in the ass :/

That's why I suggested just cancelling the credit card and requesting a new one. If someone doesn't feel safe with their CC info on the Xbox, or anywhere else on the internet than just cancel out that card. Seems like common sense to me, but apparently was taken as an asshole suggestion. :roll:

That's why I suggested just cancelling the credit card and requesting a new one. If someone doesn't feel safe with their CC info on the Xbox, or anywhere else on the internet than just cancel out that card. Seems like common sense to me, but apparently was taken as an asshole suggestion. :roll:

Where does "an asshole suggestion" come out of any of this? :?