IGNORED

Now that's what I call a backward compatibility update!

Jess Ragan

I'm still hoping that Tron and Obi Wan get added to the list, but since no one like them but me...it probably won't happen :|

These are on my "old XBOX" shelf along with Midway Arcade Treasures, Outrun 2, and the Starfighter games. If they all got added, I wouldn't have anything else to complain about in terms of backwards compatibility. It's not like I play Powerdrome anyway. The performance of some BC titles is not perfect, but it's good enough, especially considering the increased graphical quality. I'm surprised to see people complaining as loudly as they are about some titles -- makes me wonder if their machines are in good shape.

I suspect that support for the bundled JSRF will come along soon.

Still no Morrowind.

Even if they got it perfectly emulated, it'd still be crashing all the time and it'd never get past quality control.

:ponder:

:twisted: True enough. Oblivion gives me what I wanted out of Morrowind, with better graphics and none of the slow loading. A better way to play Morrowind would be to rip it to a modded XBOX's hard drive -- or to play the Windoz version.

What a treat to find out that Spider-Man 2 is supported, right after watching the Spider-Man 2.1 movie DVD!

:twisted: True enough. Oblivion gives me what I wanted out of Morrowind, with better graphics and none of the slow loading. A better way to play Morrowind would be to rip it to a modded XBOX's hard drive -- or to play the Windoz version.

Oblivion is a good game but it is not Morrowind. These games are vastly different. While the Oblivion expansion brings back some of the look of Morrowind the mechanics, lore, unique items, etc. are still missing. Oblivion improved on Morrowind in many ways on the exterior with better graphics, sound, dialog, and ease of play. But, for the hardcore fan Morrowind surpasses Oblivion in so many ways. That is what happens when a game is made more friendly to the mainstream. They took out the things that took time to master. One of the biggest things though is walking into a cave, having my ass handed to me, and returning later for sweet revenge. That is something simply missing from Oblivion due to the complete leveled system.

I'd like to see a Tron 3.60

Don't forget the original classic Tron arcade games are coming to Live soon for the upcoming re-release of the movie.

Thats cool news!

Arcade Tron on Live!!!! :D :D

re-release of the movie? didn't they already do a mega two disk special release of Tron a couple years ago?

-Rick

Arcade Tron on Live!!!! :D :D

re-release of the movie? didn't they already do a mega two disk special release of Tron a couple years ago?

-Rick

Hmmm I assumed since it was the 25th anniversary they would release something for that, but maybe you are right, maybe they aren't releasing a new version of the flick. Definately though both games are coming to Live soon. Check it out:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/785/785312p1.html

• 2 months later...

Wow. I'm not impressed by the titles which have been added, but that's more of a function of the original X-Box's lackluster library rather than the list itself. These updates are few and far between. I definitely thought the one before this would be the last one. Looks like I was wrong.

It was ~40% before this update, I doubt this pushed it to 60%.

The list of BC titles at Xbox.com contains exactly 383 titles. I was estimating a total of 600 US titles for the original Xbox, based on the only list I could find, which results in 63.83% of the games being compatible. Pony up a different figure if you disagree ... I really don't care either way, just trying to be helpful to the guy that asked for a rough figure.

Edited by SomeGuyWithDSL

Nothing I'd consider definitive, but Wikipedia stated it was about 40% before this update happened (Not exact wording but I only remember the figure) when I checked it after reading this thread at Digital Press...

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103035

And now Wikipedia is stating 42% after this latest update.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_...e_with_Xbox_360

And I didn't mean to stir anything up, I'm just repeating what I've read.

Edited by Atariboy

Nothing I'd consider definitive, but Wikipedia stated it was about 40% before this update happened (Not exact wording but I only remember the figure) when I checked it after reading this thread at Digital Press...

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103035

And now Wikipedia is stating 42% after this latest update.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_...e_with_Xbox_360

And I didn't mean to stir anything up, I'm just repeating what I've read.

Oh you didn't stir up anything bad. It would be interesting to see a numbered list of retail Xbox game titles released. That's one thing that wikipedia entry seems to lack. If it's 42% now then that means more than 600 US Xbox titles were available for sure.

There a list here with about 1,000 :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games

Unfortunately it looks like it contains many cancelled and never released games on the list.

Edited by moycon