IGNORED

Anyone have this rare item?

ATARIPITBULL

I have been trying to find as many Atari 2600 commmercials to download and put onto a dvd as I can when I came across this picture of an ad for a Atari 2600 game with an 8-track cassette of the band "Foghat" attached on the end, anyone have this?

:ponder: :ponder: :?

post-88-1177033844_thumb.jpg

I have been trying to find as many Atari 2600 commmercials to download and put onto a dvd as I can when I came across this picture of an ad for a Atari 2600 game with an 8-track cassette of the band "Foghat" attached on the end, anyone have this?

:ponder: :ponder: :?

Playing Dragster and Dad looks like he can't contain himself! LOL

What a great picture :D

LOL.

Seriously, was this an April Fools' day thing or what? That's exactly the same picture, and I can't see how you could make a functional 8-track that would still fit in the 2600 slot and not look completely stupid. The thing would have to stick out at least two inches, and you would have to give up a lot of tape reel size if you cut any of the 8-track to keep it from being the size of Godzilla.

Like they say in the seedier parts of the intarwebs, photos or GTFO.

what makes it a fake?

It's as fake as these items also found on that website

post-10701-1177036720_thumb.jpg

Pong Action Figures

post-10701-1177036746_thumb.jpg

Atari 2600 Punch Buggy

post-10701-1177036781_thumb.jpg

Atari 2600 Cow Tipper

The guy who owns the site is a comedian and he likes to spoof atari. :D

Edited by DeusExMachina

it's fake, its vic-20 ad photo shopped, i have it somewhere, at least i think it was vic-20, anyway, i know for fact it isn't real and i have the original add somewhere, i will try to see if i can dig it up, but my "paper" part of my collection is pretty disorganized.

Edited by Atari5200

Heh, that guy's pretty funny. I like some of the other games in the 8-tracks:

"Kenny Rogers, The Gambler (1978)

The man who gave us Dolly Parton duets and crispy fried chicken also gave us "The Gambler." Unlike other poker video games, this one was more limited in its options. Once the player was given his hand, he had to know when to hold them and know when to fold them. Once the hand was over, he had to know when to walk away and know when to run. This continued until the player chose incorrectly, got shot, and had the other poker players dance on his grave."

Had I the time and had my 2600 programming skills up to speed, I'd try my hand at writing the Cow Tipping game. :)

i want punch buggy and cow tipper :-) those look like fun :-P

foghat 2600 eight track game, god thats classic, great stuff.

'take the long way home' LOL wonder if someone could make that as a hack of the existing 2600 maze game. that description is hilarious.

Unlike other poker video games, this one was more limited in its options. Once the player was given his hand, he had to know when to hold them and know when to fold them. Once the hand was over, he had to know when to walk away and know when to run. This continued until the player chose incorrectly, got shot, and had the other poker players dance on his grave."

Hilarious. :) Freakin classic. The only way I find Poker enjoyable to watch would be like this.

C

• 1 year later...

Cool project getting a bunch o f commercials on DVD. Has such a project been completed before?

Is there a site where you can download old commercials?

Let me know when you fill the DVD!

i want punch buggy and cow tipper :-) those look like fun :-P

foghat 2600 eight track game, god thats classic, great stuff.

'take the long way home' LOL wonder if someone could make that as a hack of the existing 2600 maze game. that description is hilarious.