IGNORED

What's Your "Collecting Fetish"?

Tempest

Just had to post a follow-up on this, this weekend yielded me TWO satisfying additions to my religious games fetish. A finally-cheap-enough copy of The Bible Game for X-box ($5) and Spiritual Warfare ($3) on the Genesis! Yess!! Still no Super 3D Noah's Ark though. :(

I also picked up a copy of the Bible Game for 5 bucks :)

Spiritual Warfare for $3 for the Genesis is a steal man, you didn't happen to get a box with that did you?

Sadly, no. It's cart only, but the label's in nice shape at least.

The Wisdom Tree Genesis boxes are very hard to find, thats a bummer. Still a great deal at 3 bucks though, I think I paid $35 for mine.

Pirate stuff is an odd ball thing to collect.

I have a Microgenius famiclone, a FC Twin, and a SuperJoy controller clone. I don't have much in the way of pirate games though. Although the strange world of PAL might cure some of that. Still looking for good multicarts for NES/Famicom...just cause.

I DO love the reproductions (my apologies to one forum member whom I had a couple deals lined up with... I never got to send the funds...I ran into money trouble...really annoying). Although I am still working at building this area up some.

I also like the unlicensed games for the NES... Camerica and Tengen mostly. I do have some of the Wisdom Tree titles... too campy to NOT pick up. I heart my Aladdin Deck Enhancer.

Heres my current Wisdom Tree stuff

post-9102-1177437395_thumb.jpg

/jealous

I used to have most of the NES games, complete. Then i had to sell my collection and i've only regained Bible Adventures, Exodus, and a complete King of Kings.

The part that's always amazed me is that most of the Wisdom Tree games are actually pretty playable. I used to play the hell out of Bible Adventures, specifically the Noah's Ark part.

/jealous

I used to have most of the NES games, complete. Then i had to sell my collection and i've only regained Bible Adventures, Exodus, and a complete King of Kings.

The part that's always amazed me is that most of the Wisdom Tree games are actually pretty playable. I used to play the hell out of Bible Adventures, specifically the Noah's Ark part.

Most of them are just hacks of former Color Dreams games :)

/jealous

Most of them are just hacks of former Color Dreams games :)

I know, i used to own a lot of them in Color Dreams form as well. Doesn't make them any less cool as far as i'm concerned. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hrmm.... a big part of my collection is all my Sonic stuff...

I mean... I have most of them with boxes....I've imported from Japan and Europe just to get games that weren't released here, I collect plush toys..some which had to be imported from japan... And I have a complete Sonic the Hedgehog Comic book collection(archie comics)....

Probably my favorite part of my collection is one of the two plushies I've ever found at goodwill, which would be this one.

Just had to post a follow-up on this, this weekend yielded me TWO satisfying additions to my religious games fetish. A finally-cheap-enough copy of The Bible Game for X-box ($5) and Spiritual Warfare ($3) on the Genesis! Yess!! Still no Super 3D Noah's Ark though. :(

I also picked up a copy of the Bible Game for 5 bucks :)

Spiritual Warfare for $3 for the Genesis is a steal man, you didn't happen to get a box with that did you?

I recently picked up King of Kings and Exodus for NES and they didn't suck. I was very pleased and a bit amused that Exodus is just Crystal Mines with bibles. Who knew?

I've got a couple odd collecting habits...

1. I've tried (and nearly succeeded) to get every 2600 arcade conversion. Most I have are boxed/complete.

I have carts/manuals only on Strategy X, Time Pilot, Roc N Rope, and Pengo.

Cart only on Crazy Climber, Espial, Polaris, Springer, Front Line, Mr. Do's Castle, Q*Bert's Qubes, Tapper, Up n Down, and Spy Hunter. Some of these, I've simply accepted that I will never own 100% complete due to expense :(

I even went so far as to have Tempest, Xevious, and Sinistar made to carts. I nabbed Elevator Action, Return of Mario Bros., Berzerk VE, Stunt Cycle, Holey Moley, Funky Fish, Pleiades, Looping, Pac-Man Arcade, Galaxian Arcade and Space Invaders Arcade when I had the opportunity. I've even done hacks of some of the common titles so they look more "arcade" and had them put to cart.

I guess it was a childhood fantasy to have an arcade at home.

The only one that is eluding me is River Patrol, and I refuse to pay the hefty price it carries for such a truly awful game. Can anyone make me a repro? :D

2. I've collected lots of memorabilia from the era- all that stuff I saw as a kid and wanted. I have an unopened pack of each type of trading cards (Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Video City, etc.), tokens from childhood arcades, books, the board games based on video games (what a weird concept- I love it!), Atari pencils, lunch boxes, handhelds/tabletops. Most of this stuff is on display, too.

My poor wife. She's married to a man stuck in the 1980's!

You're not alone. :) I'm stuck in the 1980's too. Actually, I'm stuck pre-1985. I think 1985 was the turning point where things started to suck. It went downhill after that. That's my theory anyway. ;)

Ahh, 1985...the dreaded "second button" rears its ugly head on controllers across the nation, and millions are forever alienated from gaming when forced to manage both "jump" and "fire" simulatenously. :D

Mine? Professional Wrestling games.I have

NES: Wrestlemania,Wrestlemania Challenge, WCW:World Championship Wrestling, Tecmo World Wrestling, Tag Team Wrestling and Nintendo's "Pro Wrestling"

SNES: WCW Superbrawl, WWF Raw, WWF Royal Rumble, Natsume Championship Wrestling, WWF Super Wrestlemania

N64: WWF Wrestlemania 2000, WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF No Mercy ( I do NOT own any of the terrible Acclaim games, i.e WWf Attitude, ECW Hardcore Revolution)

PSX: Smackdown 1-2, WCW vs The World, WCW Mayhem, Simpsons Wrestling, Power Move Pro Wrestling

PS2: Smackdown 3-5, Smackdown VS Raw (entire series)

GCN: Day of Reckoning 2, Ultimate Muscle.

I have a criteria system when buying pro wrestling games. An OLD game like Wrestlemania is forgiven its awfulness, just because of how old it is. Newer games (like WWF Attitude/War Zone) are either fun to play, or I do not own them,period. I do NOT buy wrestling games based on the rosters (see Ultimate Muscle, Natsume,Tecmo and others), I buy them on how fun they are. (Not counting the DREADFUL Simpsons Wrestling. It was a gift!)

Edited by Hoodoo

You're not alone. :) I'm stuck in the 1980's too. Actually, I'm stuck pre-1985. I think 1985 was the turning point where things started to suck. It went downhill after that. That's my theory anyway. ;)

EXACTLY! I've had an NES, Sega, SNES, but never kept them and I pretty much stay away from modern game systems. They just don't interest me as much. Pre 1985 indeed. :cool: