IGNORED

Good way to make back some money.

CPUWIZ

Yeah folks have been talking about that since they announced the price.

No way is that not too much to ask for the HD...Then again, you don't really need it, so it's not like it will be forced on anyone and $179.99 won't break the people that would be spending the $$$ on Live to put content on the HD.

I've seen folks pay $1,000+ for an Atari cart... Some would call that insane. I'd imagine a person could get much more use out of a 120 gig HD then a copy of Lochjaw.

What kills me is this is a win/win for MS. First you have to buy the extra space, then you have to buy the files...from them, to put on it!! LOL *cha-ching*

It'll be good for folks that don't own a 360 yet tho.....or crazy folks with too much money.

I've seen folks pay $1,000+ for an Atari cart...

Lochjaw.

I paid even more than that for my CIB Lochjaw.

I was just pointing out that over-pricing it by $50+ dollars is a wise move, considering they have lost 5.4Billion dollars on the XBOX franchise already.

I was just pointing out that over-pricing it by $50+ dollars is a wise move, considering they have lost 5.4Billion dollars on the XBOX franchise already.

But only if they can sell em!! It's not like HDs are a collectors item! LOL

I guess time will tell, the HDs have already hit the stores, I saw about 3 of the 120 Gig Drives at Wal Mart tonight.

Me personally I wouldn't just buy the HD. I'm all for companies making $$$ and I realize that's what they are doing, but like I said, they benefit financially for you having that extra space anyways. Unless a person plans on getting the HD and filling it up with Demos and Ripped CDs folks are gonna mostly be filling it up with movies, shows and games bought off Live!!

Still.....I may get an Elite tho and turn my original 360 over to my brother.

Edited by moycon

With everything you can remove the 20gig drive gone you get what... 13 gigs? Even with all the save games I have and all the XBLA games I still have over 10 gig left. I am not worried about space. The 120gb drive is for a niche market. If they feel it is worth purchasing them then they shouldn't have a problem opening their wallets.

I truly thought about picking the 120GB HDD at Meijer yesterday, someone had priced them for $99.99.

But I am with Hyper, with my game saves/arcade games/movies, I still have just over 10 gigs left (10.1, I think). If it comes down to it, I will delete the game saves from games I rented who knows when.

I deleted all the movies and music that came pre-installed on the HD. You can free up a couple Gig doing that alone if you haven't done it already. Seems to me there was a Titanic short on there that was almost a Gig by itself.

Yeah folks have been talking about that since they announced the price.

No way is that not too much to ask for the HD...Then again, you don't really need it, so it's not like it will be forced on anyone and $179.99 won't break the people that would be spending the $$$ on Live to put content on the HD.

I've seen folks pay $1,000+ for an Atari cart... Some would call that insane. I'd imagine a person could get much more use out of a 120 gig HD then a copy of Lochjaw.

What kills me is this is a win/win for MS. First you have to buy the extra space, then you have to buy the files...from them, to put on it!! LOL *cha-ching*

It'll be good for folks that don't own a 360 yet tho.....or crazy folks with too much money.

i agree, its insane to spend that much money for just a hard drive ..although the 360 elite is a good idea for somebody that never had a 360.. personally, i dont need a bigger hard drive ..and im not a fan of online gaming so a larger hard drive is a waste for me ..my premium version 360 is more than enough..

Pretty much all the accessories for the Xbox 360 are way overpriced, so this really should not come as a shock to anyone that they are making quite the handsome profit on the 120GB hard drive. While I would enjoy having a 360, the high price of just about everything for it is a big turnoff.

..Al