IGNORED

what to buy ST,STE,STFM?

mimo

well, don't quote me on that, but if it was STF*m* it would have the *m*odulator, so you could hook it up to any RF input of a TV or a VCR.

However, I think that you can take an RGB signal out of the monitor connector of the STF and hook it to a SCART input of any TV.

Quick question re. STE joysticks. If I do pick up a 1040 STE, can I use a standard joystick on it(I know they have enhanced ports, but I'm unsure whether or not they take a normal joystick too), or am I better off getting a couple of Jag pads to use on it? If the latter is the case, I take it they function ok with any games, yeah?

Cheers.

Quick question re. STE joysticks. If I do pick up a 1040 STE, can I use a standard joystick on it(I know they have enhanced ports, but I'm unsure whether or not they take a normal joystick too), or am I better off getting a couple of Jag pads to use on it? If the latter is the case, I take it they function ok with any games, yeah?

Cheers.

The STE and Falcon both have the normal 9 pin D digital mouse/joystick ports under the front right side of the case as per the ST so if your joystick works on an ST it will work with those.

The enhcanced joystick ports on the right side are wired identically to the Jaguar including the analogue inputs, however they need to be read the same way as on a Jaguar and so the game has to support them and to my Knoweledge most games and certainly those written for the ST do not.