IGNORED

The Atari 2600 collector Hall of Fame (2007)

homerwannabee

I nominate myself as the youngest Atari 2600 collector and the youngest 2600 hacker.

I nominate you as the most annoying youngest AtariAge member.

How's that ultra rare heavy sixer of yours doing? Still making noise from the speaker holes?

Don't forget about the Air Raid box flap his imaginary friend found :ponder:

I nominate myself as the youngest Atari 2600 collector and the youngest 2600 hacker.

I nominate you as the most annoying youngest AtariAge member.

How's that ultra rare heavy sixer of yours doing? Still making noise from the speaker holes?

Don't forget about the Air Raid box flap his imaginary friend found :ponder:

Ya, I'll vote for him as yougest AA assclown liar also :thumbsup:

Since this encourages votes for those with serious collections AND for those who have contributed to the community, I nominate the following, in no particular order:

Cassidy and Nicole Nolen

CPUWIZ and ShyOne

Marc Oberhauser

Tempest

rolenta

Albert and Alex

Sean, John, and Joe, the Digital Press guys

Randy Crihfield

Lee Krueger

Curt Vendel

Having a big collection is great, but it is the contributions from people like those listed above that have formed this community, sustained it with their passion for the hobby, and given it substance. Those of us who "merely" collect owe much to those who keep this cool hobby alive.

Cassidy and Nicole Nolen

CPUWIZ and ShyOne

Marc Oberhauser

Tempest

rolenta

Albert and Alex

Sean, John, and Joe, the Digital Press guys

Randy Crihfield

Lee Krueger

Curt Vendel

Having a big collection is great, but it is the contributions from people like those listed above that have formed this community, sustained it with their passion for the hobby, and given it substance. Those of us who "merely" collect owe much to those who keep this cool hobby alive.

I'll go with this list and also add Al Backiel and Scott Stilphin

Edited by rolenta

Terrorist, eh? Not quite. I'm about as redneck American as it gets :)

Other than that ;0) , it made my day just to be on the list. There are far more qualified folks in the field but its nice to be part of things. If you're even in DC, drop by for a game or three. Rolenta "almost" made it once, bfstats has been by before :)

A few others as well.

I'd vote, in no order:

bfstats

CPUWIZ

Rick Weiss

Wonder007

More to come....

Cheers,

C

I'll be 2 months old on April 27th and I even think of Atari in my sleep! :D

And we all know who the *real* rarity is in this pic, right mom? ;)

ps - mommy will add her votes to this list later, thanks. :)

post-12542-1177530036_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bean

pretty good speller for 2 month old! :)

Rick

Thanks Rick, lol, better then I am most times. She'll get there. I also know we don't have the only born and bred Atari Baby. It's great to see so many potential Atarians of the next generation(s). :)

I've had a very difficult time with this list limiting it to 10 people. I was surprised since I didn't think it would be this tough.

I've gotten to a definite 4 for me for starters. Ther rest I'll figure out later...

1)Albert

2)Tempest

3)CPUWiz

4)Curt Vendel

5)Shawn Sr.

6)Wonder007

7)RomHunter

9)

10)

Edited by Chickybaby

I'll be 2 months old on April 27th and I even think of Atari in my sleep! :D

And we all know who the *real* rarity is in this pic, right mom? ;)

ps - mommy will add her votes to this list later, thanks. :)

You don't want to spit up or throw up on that QBerts cubes cart there kiddo. Its awfully close.

Ok it's time for the second hall of fame vote. Last year Marco was the very first inductee to my unoficial hall of fame. The rules are basic. You are alowed to vote for up to 10 people. If you vote for 14 I will only take the first 10. You need 75 percent of the vote to get into the hall of fame. If no one has that then the person with the highest percentage will get in. Also you can not vote for Marco since he is already in the hall of fame.

Here is my ballot

1. Wonder007

2. CPUWIZ

3. Curt Vendell

4. Crunchysuperman

5. Cincynoti

6. Jerry Greiner

7. 5th Ghost

8. Rick Weiss

9. Bfstats

10. Ianoid

Current Hall Of fame member

Marco

Wow!

How am I on this list? I mean, I think I have an interesting Atari collection with some rare/oddball stuff, but next to these guys, they are in a league of their own!

Now, if we had some head to head Kaboom! competition going, that would be another story! ;) :evil:

That said, I guess I do have a decent boxed Sears collection, including all the box # variants (minus 49-75108 Baseball.) I'm certainly proud of that accomplishment.

I also think it's cool that parts of my collection have ended up in the collections of some of these people listed above, as well as others here.

post-2095-1177556131_thumb.jpg

Ok it's time for the second hall of fame vote. Last year Marco was the very first inductee to my unoficial hall of fame. The rules are basic. You are alowed to vote for up to 10 people. If you vote for 14 I will only take the first 10. You need 75 percent of the vote to get into the hall of fame. If no one has that then the person with the highest percentage will get in. Also you can not vote for Marco since he is already in the hall of fame.

Here is my ballot

1. Wonder007

2. CPUWIZ

3. Curt Vendell

4. Crunchysuperman

5. Cincynoti

6. Jerry Greiner

7. 5th Ghost

8. Rick Weiss

9. Bfstats

10. Ianoid

Current Hall Of fame member

Marco

Wow!

How am I on this list? I mean, I think I have an interesting Atari collection with some rare/oddball stuff, but next to these guys, they are in a league of their own!

Now, if we had some head to head Kaboom! competition going, that would be another story! ;) :evil:

That said, I guess I do have a decent boxed Sears collection, including all the box # variants (minus 49-75108 Baseball.) I'm certainly proud of that accomplishment.

I also think it's cool that parts of my collection have ended up in the collections of some of these people listed above, as well as others here.

I put you up there because of 2 things. 1st you are one of the best Atari 2600 players in the country. You cuntinually break Atari 2600 records which in a strange way makes Atari 2600 games relevant. Although you sold a lot of your collection you still have Sears complete and boxed. There are some hard core collectors that don't have that. I think you still have Atlanis II boxed with docs. And the Kaboom display is pretty cool as well. I will admit that you were not in my top 7 or 8 and I pondered voting for you. But because you excell in two different areas. Competition, and collecting. I decided to vote for you. There different sides to collecting and I feel you best represent the player side. :)

I think I misunderstood this vote a little, if we are counting the player side of things I would Like to add David B yancey to my list for holding so many current world records. I will fill my remaining spots with people that do a lot for the Atari community, give me a day or two to decide on that one. I thought this vote was for collections only, guess I should have read it all instead of skimming through it :D Sorry.

I think I misunderstood this vote a little, if we are counting the player side of things I would Like to add David B yancey to my list for holding so many current world records. I will fill my remaining spots with people that do a lot for the Atari community, give me a day or two to decide on that one. I thought this vote was for collections only, guess I should have read it all instead of skimming through it :D Sorry.

Actually I don't want to set any criteria. I believe who should be eligible for the Hall of Fame should be left up to interpretation for the person voting. It like trying to get a straight defenition on MVP. There really isn't one.