IGNORED

Q*bert and Frogger homebrews? Any update?

godzillajoe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of updated graphics thanks to Bakasama.

b*nQ and coily objects now have more colors and have been redone. Let me know if this causes any issues. I haven't seen any sprites or parts of sprites disappear in game, and I was trying really hard to get lots of stuff on a line when I have been play testing. Also new graphics for the curse bubble.

Known issues (when played on the real thing):

(1)On main title screen, colored line(s) typically appears above the joystick graphics.

(2)On high score display screen part of the left most qbert flickers or disappears.

(3)In game, when a disc is ridden to the top, it will cause one pixel tall graphics glitches around the score or a disc that is at the top (extra colored pixels here and there).

bonQ_Demo_16Jun07.zip

Edited by kenfused

Latest version of BonQ looks really nice Ken. The only thing I noticed and it may have been like this for a long time is your name is fuzzy on the title screen on my TV using my CC2.

Greens and even some purples look like very bad even on my a-v modified 7800 (using composite). The greens kind of get echoes a couple pixels away. I assume you are maybe seeing something similar. Also note that each character there is only 3 pixels wide, so N's will be hard to read. I don't know what I could do other than changing the colors.

• 3 months later...
Hi all!

Just a stupid question from A7800 newbie.

Is there any other way how to run program on real A7800 HW than cart? Something like BJL on Jaguar?

Thanx for any info.

F.

You can try the 7800 dev system.

Mitch

Thank you for info!

F.

I should also mention Graham's site with the larger RAM cart. It runs on the 7800 dev system that I linked to above.

Mitch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just played the Frogger homebrew. Pretty tough to play. I'm using ProSystem emulator and had no sound when playing the game. Does it have sound? I realize it is a beta version and is not complete.

I believe frogger, or one of the test versions of it at least, maybe only has pokey sound?

I just played the Frogger homebrew. Pretty tough to play. I'm using ProSystem emulator and had no sound when playing the game. Does it have sound? I realize it is a beta version and is not complete.

I believe frogger, or one of the test versions of it at least, maybe only has pokey sound?

not 100% sure, but it has no sound on my CC2, and yes it does have a Pokey chip installed