IGNORED

MYST Poll.

kevincal

MYST  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How do YOU feel about MYST? :)

• HELLA boring, don't like it at all.
    • It makes me tired.
    • I liked the graphics and sounds for a short time, then I got bored.
    • This game is way too confusing!
    • I think it's a decent game overall and I actually solved some puzzles.
    • This game is revolutionary, I really like it.
    • MYST is the greatest game ever!!!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Myst is Myst. It looks nice on the Jaguar, but lets face it - I played it on the PC first and it was supported throughout multiple platforms. I have the 3DO version AND the Jaguar version. Both look like Myst and I don't plan on spending large amounts of time with either. (Although my love for the Jaguar makes me want to play this game all the way through... :) )

I voted: "This game is revolutionary, I really like it." I also like to see what the Jaguar hardware can do, since I enjoy learning about computer hardware components, so although the game itself is tough to figure out in spots, I really like the almost photo-realistic scenes the game has, it puts you in a unique atmosphere. :D which is quite enjoyable. :D

For me it was a toss up between "This game is revolutionary, I really like it" and "I think it's a decent game overall and I actually solved some puzzles", in the end I voted for the latter and have infact I finished MYST.

Some puzzle and areas were a little tricky to solve/find but you don't want it to easy and thats what made it interesting and I think the graphics help to show what the Jaguar can do.

Perhaps they could have done something a little better with the control system, like adding a map view of the island so that you could instantly jump to an area you have walked to before instead of having to walk there every time.

I was torn between "This game is way too confusing!"

and "I think it's a decent game overall and I actually solved some puzzles."

I thought the idea was great, but the execution could have been better, and I thought some of the puzzles were really hard. I couldn't solve some things without using a cheatsheet.

My 1st experience w/ Myst was on the Jag. I ended up buying 1 or 2 hint books to solve it, though. I liked the game so much I got Riven on PS & MYST 3 on PS2, but since sold them. Not much replay value on these types of games. Still have Jag Myst!

Edited by RJ

Eh, for it's time,the graphics were amazing. The sound was good, but GOD, the point and click adventure game had been beaten to DEATH.

It's an OK game, for what it is, and I think I even managed to get all the way, or if not, damn close to all the way through it (on the computer) back in the day, but it had pretty much no replay value.

I remember how awesome I thought Myst was when I saw it in my middle school on the Mac in the library all the kids had to share. It was, at the time, revolutionary.

I was never good at it and found it very difficult - but I still respected its contributions to gaming and am glad its on the JagCD. Now *maybe* one day I'll get around to playing it... :)

• 1 month later...
I was torn between "This game is way too confusing!"

and "I think it's a decent game overall and I actually solved some puzzles."

I thought the idea was great, but the execution could have been better, and I thought some of the puzzles were really hard. I couldn't solve some things without using a cheatsheet.

My thoughts exactly!