IGNORED

My Boxed Games Atari Collection Pictures

toymailman

I will start a new thread, probably tonight, with some pics of the boxes I've made. I would love to make them in quantity, but each box is pretty much hand made. Cutting, gluing, measuring, etc. It literally takes me about 45 minutes per box! And that's the time after I made the image on the computer and printed it out.

Also, I still feel relatively new here so what's "The Wall"??

Thanks for posting the pix of your homemade boxes. If it weren't so much work and I had a high-quality printer, I'd tackle the box-making biz myself. Then again, it's good to have opportunities to support those who care enough about the hobby to be so dedicated and creative as to construct such professional-looking work. I hope you feel encouraged enough by this thread to keep at it!

Also, here's an updated picture of The Wall. The previous was from 1986.

post-118-1177957525_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I wish my M-network boxes looked as good as those in your collection.For some reason M-network and Sears boxes always seem worn out when I see them on ebay or CTCW.I've been collecting over four years, nice quick collection you got there.

Thanks guys! Yes, the last 14 months have been pretty good to me. Still missing stuff, but many holes are now filled in and some conditions are upgraded. I'll try to take some new pics and update this thread.

It's funny but I don't have the biggest 2600 collection here in Vancouver. That has got to be Rick (looking forward to NWCGE 2008!!)

WOW! I had no idea you had this kind of collection! I wasn't around when you started this thread. Very impressive!

You can see my humble collection by clicking the link in my signature. It's small, but I'm proud of it. Either me or my grandpa are the original owners of all of the boxed games.

SUPER nice collection indeed!

If you are near any windows be sure to apply UV protective film onto them to keep your beautiful collection from being ruined by sun fade.

I've got it in a room I keep really dark. I have the blinds closed 24/7 and tacked up a thick dark bedsheet in front of that too.

bfstats,

How did you attach them to the wall?

Please don't tell me you glued them.

Aren't they protected from the front?

Also, is that a sprankler in the ceiling?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

post-7074-1215373467_thumb.jpg

Hitachi NR83A2 Nail Gun

This popular framing nailer drives plastic-collated full round head

framing nails from 2" to 3 1/4".

Well-balanced and easy to maneuver, this tool is great for floor and

wall framing, truss work, window framing, subflooring, roofing,

decking, wall sheathing, delicate siding, and any job that needs three

nails per second until it's done.

It features a tool-less drive depth adjuster for maximum versatility. It

handles well at just 7.9-pounds, and an open nose means clearing

jams is a snap. This tool also features a built in toe nail lever and

leather grip. A very reliable tool, the Full Head Framer is known to fire

every time with no loss of power Tool-less depth adjustment for easy

depth of drive setting

:twisted:

How did you attach them to the wall?

Please don't tell me you glued them.

Aren't they protected from the front?

Also, is that a sprankler in the ceiling?

8)

Boxes are individually shrink-wrapped for protection, even from sprinklers.

What you can't see in the photo (intentionally) are strips of 3/4" clear acrylic L-shaped molding customarily used to protect wall-papered corners. I used small white finishing nails to fasten the molding to the wall horizontally at distances equal to the height of a standard Atari box. The molding forms little "shelves", and the boxes wedge against each wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling. I can remove any box and replace it without disturbing the rest of the display.

I will start a new thread, probably tonight, with some pics of the boxes I've made. I would love to make them in quantity, but each box is pretty much hand made. Cutting, gluing, measuring, etc. It literally takes me about 45 minutes per box! And that's the time after I made the image on the computer and printed it out.

Thanks for posting the pix of your homemade boxes. If it weren't so much work and I had a high-quality printer, I'd tackle the box-making biz myself. Then again, it's good to have opportunities to support those who care enough about the hobby to be so dedicated and creative as to construct such professional-looking work. I hope you feel encouraged enough by this thread to keep at it!

My wife just happened to walk up behind me at the exact moment I was looking at this picture. She bluntly, yet calmly stated, "No", and walked away. :(

"Boxes are individually shrink-wrapped for protection, even from sprinklers.

What you can't see in the photo (intentionally) are strips of 3/4" clear acrylic L-shaped molding customarily used to protect wall-papered corners. I used small white finishing nails to fasten the molding to the wall horizontally at distances equal to the height of a standard Atari box. The molding forms little "shelves", and the boxes wedge against each wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling. I can remove any box and replace it without disturbing the rest of the display."

could you link us where to buy these strip's or maybe take a picture of one so we can see what they look like?

I tryed searching on the net to find/buy some but i'm having no luck

Thanks

To Rom Hunter: I am honored!

To AJ_Maine_Man: Home Depot. They're available in 6-ft strips, usually near the wallpaper aisle.

To aftermac: I am extremely fortunate to be married to a woman who thinks my wall is COOL!

My wife just happened to walk up behind me at the exact moment I was looking at this picture. She bluntly, yet calmly stated, "No", and walked away. :(

Isnt it funny how wives all of a sudden become your mother?

Edited by Rik