IGNORED

Hardsynth 2

analmux

how can this be true??

Tell us :-)

Why should Raster make new notation tables, or allow custom ones?

That's not needed anymore.

I did some hacking in the RMT files (version 1.16), computed 2 new notation tables, for use in combination with 15khz mode...in fact it was quite easy to hack.

Both in RMT editor and the exported files my custom notation tables work fine :) :)

now you can use 2 new instruments, both at 1.79 mhz mode

1) RMT-gen. 2 is now distortion 2 with exact notation table for combining with 15khz tables (always set 1.79mhz on)

2) RMT-gen. 4 is now distortion 10 with 1.79mhz mode filtering (sawtooth).

now, only simple (note-) transposes are needed, the pitchcorrections (table of pitches: $FE) is now not needed anymore!!

You cannot use the standard bass tables (1 & 2) anymore, I did an overwrite of them.

...it is still experimental: now other tables can't be used....but it is a first step in another direction :D ;)

how can this be true??

Tell us :-)

Why should Raster make new notation tables, or allow custom ones?

That's not needed anymore.

I did some hacking in the RMT files (version 1.16), computed 2 new notation tables, for use in combination with 15khz mode...in fact it was quite easy to hack.

Both in RMT editor and the exported files my custom notation tables work fine :) :)

now you can use 2 new instruments, both at 1.79 mhz mode

1) RMT-gen. 2 is now distortion 2 with exact notation table for combining with 15khz tables (always set 1.79mhz on)

2) RMT-gen. 4 is now distortion 10 with 1.79mhz mode filtering (sawtooth).

now, only simple (note-) transposes are needed, the pitchcorrections (table of pitches: $FE) is now not needed anymore!!

You cannot use the standard bass tables (1 & 2) anymore, I did an overwrite of them.

...it is still experimental: now other tables can't be used....but it is a first step in another direction :D ;)

Hey BRK, would it be possible for you to make this change to version 1.25? =)

BTW, Cool Job.

here i did this just to fool around with it. It's kinda hard to navigate around in version 1.16 =)

Also whenever i try to make a change in the instruments it changes other things with it. like volume, envelopes etc.

Just a bug i noticed. thought it might help. =)

EDIT: well i just found out it doesn't export into SAP and stay in tune. oh well. =)

Keep up the good work BRK. I know you'll get it there.

PM me your email BRK and I'll send you a tune of mine that is suffering some bugs in your Rewrite of RMT. maybe it will help you troubleshoot.

Edited by kjmann

Great stuff mux! I'm so glad to see this major issue with RMT tackled. I wonder why Raster himself has not addressed it yet? I personally halted my use of rmt a couple of years ago waiting for greater accuracy and corrections in future versions as i was banging my head against the wall with the detuning. RMT's a good tool but still a long way to go with it and on that note (no pun intended) with fully understanding of Pokey too. The emulation libraries are still not accurate yet though either so I guess testing on the real hardware after creating it on rmt is the only real way to test. It's time consuming and not really ideal... This is a step in the right direction, keep up the good work ;)

Wow, i like it! Maybe ask Raster to include such a freq-table in some of the next RMT releases. Regarding SAP format. You can still report any bug and/or inconvenience in it, as the author of it (SoTe) has returned from dark dimensions ( ;) ) and maybe he will deal with it. Still 2.0 player plays most atari sounds almost perfect.

Well... inside the RMT116 version it really sounds better.... so I tested another combination.

Testing it in the 400plus emulator, it sounds wrong again.

Not sure, whether the tune sounds correct on the real thing or the emulation plays sounds that are not possible, or the runtime is still buggy?

Here some test again:

Okay, the corrections and newer versions can be found here from now on:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106228

I made a separate thread such that you can download the hacks etc. there. If you want to discuss the hacks, have questions, found bugs e.a. you can post there.

This thread should from now on only be about Hardsynth 2 tunes....

thus:

technical stuff: see link to thread above

music stuff: see here ;)

Okay, the corrections and newer versions can be found here from now on:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106228

I made a separate thread such that you can download the hacks etc. there. If you want to discuss the hacks, have questions, found bugs e.a. you can post there.

This thread should from now on only be about Hardsynth 2 tunes....

thus:

technical stuff: see link to thread above

music stuff: see here ;)

You're doing awesome work here BRK. I look forward to toying with the HS system a bit more with some proper tables integrated. =)

Keep it up, dude.

From previous discussions: "RMT is a user friendly tool, etc. etc. but does not allow us to use custom notation tables, or at least Raster never told us how to implement them" :ponder:

Hi all. :-)

Custom notation tables are not supported because:

1.) It isn't supported in RMT 1.0 internal format. More format versions of RMT tracker, player and modules could cause a lot of confusions and troubles with using RMT overall. btw - I'm afraid of TMC2.0 story - It's new, it's better, it has a lot of great new features ... and nobody uses it. :|

2.) Custom notation tables would have to be contained in RMT modules, so, modules would be bigger and player routine too (more code for support this feature).

Please, do you understand me?

It's no problem to create new (and new a new) versions formats with support of more (and more and more) features, but I'm affraid of various troubles with several RMT formats and further supporting of all this RMT formats in future. :roll:

And, small note: I'm sorry, I heard a lot of IMHO (!) horrible "hardsynth" songs which hurts my musical ear so far, that's why I'm not be charmed of this "technology" for the present. :twisted:

Edited by raster/c.p.u.

for all who don't know Jaskier's (native) Tracker:

http://jaskier.atari8.info/menu3/tmc2_en.html

Heaven,

there are two things that make those trackers unusable:

For making "hardsynth" examples, a MOD importing tool is recommended, alltough I still would prefer a SID importing tool ...

Another thing is that a PC based Tracker with full POKEY support, would give the chance of having good musicians making real pokey music right from the demo scene.

But it seems, some people rally have :

brett_vorm_kopf_02.jpg

I'm not profiling myself, but I want to hear real music from pokey.... it is possible.

But is not possible when always talking to a

05%20Brick%20Wall%206%20x%2010

But it seems, some people rally have <picture1>.

But is not possible when always talking to a <picture2>.

Thanks Emkay, very nice pictures! :)

I'm not profiling myself, but I want to hear real music from pokey.... it is possible.

Hmm, I'm sorry, I won't forbid you to make real music from pokey.

But I have some few unpleasant experiences with some wanted features already.

Hm, don't worry be happy - maybe I will go crazy and I will make new RMT version format with custom note tables... ;-)

(And you will tell me, that it's superb, but some next important "xyz" feature is missing for real music from pokey... :music: )

(I'm joking only. Peace. ;) )