IGNORED

Alien VS Predator Prototype

4ever2600

I posted this in the prototype section as well... Anyone know this guy? He has what he claims to be an AVP Proto, but no pics, won't answer emails as far as how many characters are playable, or what version it is... Told other members that it's been traded back and forth through collectors and he recently reaquired it... Wondering if any of you out there may have been one of the 'collectors' that had it in the past and can verify if this guy is legit or not...

I emailed him and asked him the same questions and even though he replied, he dodged BOTH my questions about characters and version, said he'd send pics and still nothing to not just me but a couple of other members as well... Seems a little fishy to me... I even told him I'd be willing to pay the asking amount IF I found out the info that I'm asking about...

Anyways, any light on this would help... here is a link to the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/alien-vs-predator-1-of...emZ220106348636

Without a picture? Ohhhh, I dunno. Not giving the best vibe. A tiny bit o' auction text, using Wikipedia to do his dirty work...

If I had a super rare item like that, I'd be all over the advertising of that! Pics, testimonials, a drop o' blood to prove my worth...

Kinda strange that the seller's not a regular here. That would really help his standing, if he/she popped in and said hello.

(and YES, I want it) but I think I'll watch it and see what happens.

Cheers,

Smeg

I agree with smeg.

And he is not using ebay rules, so it means i think this 650$ could be not real (otherwise he would use the ebay auction system...whithout this, easy to claim "someone" promise a lot of bucks more :D )

He updated yesterday:

Make an offer if price is too high!!!

SO FAR: I have an offer at $650 with all fees paid for. I may end this soon if I do not have another person make an offer to me.

My email functions on my yahoo are having problems, and I cannot see my messages or reply to anything right now. I will try to respond to all messages via ebay for now and check yahoo at work.

3 days ago, i asked him about this proto. He said i would have photos on the email.he didn't send any photos. I asked him about where he obtain this cart. No answer. Saying he has a problem with yahoo is idiotic. He can add a free photo whithin the auction as well! He could use another free email! Hey guys, it's about 650$ !

So, it could be:

A true proto, owned by someone who LOVE playing with envy :) (1% chance ?)

Or a b&c proto. (79% chance)

Or a home made proto. (15% chance?)

Or nohing at all :D (5%chance ?)

I also agree with French cats assesment... Here is my latest... I emailed him THOUGH EBAY AND YAHOO ACCOUNT and said on Friday,

"Still waiting on those pics... Kinda funny, alot of your past auctions were small dollar items and they have PLENTY of pictures... Why after several days for a HIGH TICKET PRICED ITEM can you not provide pictures? Why don't you answer one simple question... How many characters are playable on this 'prototype'? It's a simple one word or number answer and it takes 5 minutes to reply? You must not be very serious about this considering I've emailed you several times telling you I'd be WILLING to pay the $800.00 OR MORE if you'd just provide a few little answers to my questions, let your gonna let it go to someone for 600.00 plus fees? Cmon, what gives? Email me... Either VIA ebay, my handle is NIL8 or my email dmanlv@cox.net. This is the last time I contact you about this, if you can't provide me some answers or pics, this isn't real... And how sad, I'm willing to pay TOP DOLLAR for this... Your call... Later - D"

He replied, "Bloody hell. My email is all messed. I have no problem sending you pix of whatever you like. I just have had email problems. This is the beta version with all the characters. I will probably have to relist, but I have an offer. I listed quickly for the cheap fee from ebay. I usually do not sell high end stuff, cause I like to keep it for my collection, but am willing to get rid of this cause I have other kool stuff. What else do you want to know? I have redone my auction with a note about my email issue."

Now In his auction he states that it's the version on wikipedia, (which only has ALL two characters). He claims that is has ALL the characters, which by the way he doesn't say wether it's ALL TWO OR ALL THREE!!!!!! That kills me... I told him specifically that I wanted to know HOW MANY PLAYERS CAN YOU PLAY, TWO OR THREE in several past emails and then he says, oh all of them? ALL TWO OR ALL THREE!?!?!?!??!?! I could smash my head into the wall... so I email him right back and say...

"You have my email address, send me some pics! I need some real proof other than words that this is truely a prototype with all THREE characters playable before I spend in the upwards of $1000.00. When you say ALL the characters do you mean two or three? How complete does this game seem to you... Do the characters have weapons? Please let me know tonight...

Another reason I ask you about how many characters are playable.. The website you stated in your auction under wikipedia, is the prototype that only has TWO of the characters playable, the marine and predator... According to you, that is the version you have... But yet you tell me that ALL the characters are playable meaning also the alien, which makes your version DIFFERENT than the one that's pic'd on wikipedia... You can see the confusion right?

So when you say ALL characters, do you mean, two characters or three characters? And have you even played this prototype on a lynx unit? So let's see, pics pics pics... Thanks - Daryl"

Now this was earlier in the evening on Friday, still as of this posting NEVER HEARD BACK... AND I emailed him through Ebay which means as much BS as you want to say your yahoo acct is giving you problems... Your ebay still works!!!!

How do you guys like that one??

Originally I wasn't giving a number either... BUT AFTER 3 EMAILS?!? And no answers, I couldn't take it anymore... I figured I would PIN him to an answer... Still as of this writing, no answer... If he plays the game as he claims it isn't that tough of an answer... I think he's realizing that it isn't what he thinks it is... We'll find out soon enough, and if not, well that's that...

There is the funniest part about the entire thing... Auction gone... Want to hear the funniest part about it... I offerered him $800.00 for it on Friday if he'd answer the questions I was asking him, still didn't hear anything from him... Looks like the person offering him $650.00 for it plus ebay fees makes more sense than selling to someone offering you $800.00... Looks like that poor person doesn't just doesn't ask questions... Or it was all bullshit to begin with... Not that I think this isn't the end of this story... We'll see! HAHA! - D

Bet he relists it!

I'll take credit for getting the auction removed:

"In order to keep eBay a safe and fun place to trade, we often rely

on members like you to bring such listing violations to our attention."

I guess Ebay does care sometimes. Sometimes.

Edited by Nimtene

Anyone got a screenshot of this auction? It appears he might have been using the photos of the one-of-a-kind AvP I had, based on what I'm seeing in my web stats program. Lots of Wikipedia referrals in my logs from the AvP (Lynx) entry and no Google ad clicks always looks odd.

Edited by vanadium

He did own a real version with three playable characters. I wish it had been dumped prior to him selling it though.

Either way... it went fairly quickly compared to a few of the other protos he had.

You're saying he was legit? And that he had others?

Man, did he pick the absolute worst way to handle it, huh? If he'd have shown one lousy pic, we'd have taken him at face value. Man...

Any idea who it sold to?

Smeg

Protos for sale....

Yes it was legit... an Ataria Age member and everything. I think he handled things well. He offered the items for sale a few times. I know the DG proto was for sale a few times (3 or 4 if I remember) before selling during the past few months

He's a great guy to deal with as well. I wish I had bought the items from him when I had a chance

He did own a real version with three playable characters. I wish it had been dumped prior to him selling it though.

Either way... it went fairly quickly compared to a few of the other protos he had.

You're saying he was legit? And that he had others?

Man, did he pick the absolute worst way to handle it, huh? If he'd have shown one lousy pic, we'd have taken him at face value. Man...

Any idea who it sold to?

Smeg

I think you are talking about the ebay auction and Eric DeLee is talking about the one sold here at AtariAge.

Mitch

I think you are talking about the ebay auction and Eric DeLee is talking about the one sold here at AtariAge.

Mitch

Apparently, wires are crossed. I was assuming we were still talking about the "bogus" eBay auction for the AvP.

Vanadium even commented in this thread. Him, I would trust.

Cheers,

Smeg