IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Completed

Albert

It's gone, it was a mod I had done previously that didn't get carried over. I will implement it again this weekend.

So why do I see it? :?

(yes, I cleared the cache :))

What he's looking for is the option that lets you track personal messages by default. There is a checkbox when composing a personal message, "Track this message?" that by default is unchecked. The mod I did allows you to specify what the default should be for this option (Yes or No). Here's a screenshot from the old forum:

Picture_19.png

Those last two options are presently missing and I need to add them back.

..Al

Has the option of setting message tracking as the default behavior been lost? I can't find seem to find it among the various preferences. If so, can it please be reimplemented?

Okay, I have put this back in place. Hopefully I did not break anything in the process! You can specify the default "Sent" and "Track" options here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...rCP&CODE=04

..Al

Are the photo thumbs working btw or do we need to upload something again? I see mine and others appear as red X... that's when you click on the handle of a member within a thread like this...

This should be working now, can you check to see if they look okay now for you?

Thanks,

..Al

I reuploaded the pic and it worked fine in the end... and the issue with the remember me seems sorted too.

Great, thanks for the feedback. At this point I have most of the issues sorted out at this point--all the remaining issues are minor aesthetic details for the most part. Then I can work on installing a Wiki for the site. :)

..Al

:!: I have been unable to attach files to PMs.

I believe I just fixed this, can you try again?

Thanks,

..Al

I don't know if it's related to their problem, but since the latest changes I haven't been able to attach files at all (tried all the file formats I use to attach in the past). Never tried pms in particular, but can't add attachments to forums or blogs. I select the file, hit upload, and the "uploading" image appears - and doesn't seem to do anything. cleared cache and cookies and retried, but still no change.

Running Firefox/1.0.7 on Win XP.

--

Mord

I don't know if it's related to their problem, but since the latest changes I haven't been able to attach files at all (tried all the file formats I use to attach in the past). Never tried pms in particular, but can't add attachments to forums or blogs. I select the file, hit upload, and the "uploading" image appears - and doesn't seem to do anything. cleared cache and cookies and retried, but still no change.

Yes, a brand new "attachment system" showed up with this new version of the software and a few people seem to be having problems witih it. That's something else I am going to spend some time investigating.

..Al

Yes, a brand new "attachment system" showed up with this new version of the software and a few people seem to be having problems witih it. That's something else I am going to spend some time investigating.

..Al

Additionally I notice if I try to upload, it freezes as usual, but I try to finish the post anyway, it'll warn me the upload is still in progress and tell me to "Press UPLOAD to finish uploading it, or press OK to post anyway" or something to that effect.

However, of the buttons displayed to me, there is no Upload button on the pop-up. Just OK and Cancel.

..Al

Additionally I notice if I try to upload, it freezes as usual, but I try to finish the post anyway, it'll warn me the upload is still in progress and tell me to "Press UPLOAD to finish uploading it, or press OK to post anyway" or something to that effect.

However, of the buttons displayed to me, there is no Upload button on the pop-up. Just OK and Cancel.

Are you running XP SP2? Is there some reason you're not using Firefox 2.0?

..Al

..Al

..Al

SP2 -> yes.

Firefox -> Procrastination.

*nod sagely*

I'll see about touching that update link button and see if that fixes things.

..Al

SP2 -> yes.

Firefox -> Procrastination.

*nod sagely*

I'll see about touching that update link button and see if that fixes things.

It looks like the older Firefox was the problem. An attachment actually loaded! :)

(The pic just being something I found on the net. ;)

post-4460-1179565573_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mord

It looks like the older Firefox was the problem. An attachment actually loaded! :)

(The pic just being something I found on the net. ;)

That's good to know, although pre-version 2.0 Firefox should work (the developers said they did test the attachments system with it). Although I do see there were several newer versions of Firefox 1.x before 2.x was released. The current 1.x version seems so be 1.5.0.12. At any rate, I'm glad that you are able to upload attachments now.

..Al

The Bug Tracker is a very nice addition to the site, but could the link to it please be moved to the bottom of the "Game Programming" block, on the AA forum front page? I like having the "Homebrew Discussions" link at the top of that block... :)