IGNORED

Arcade to 2600 Comparisons!

Gregory DG

I dunno, we played the hell out of it back in the day. Nowadays I'll play it in MAME if I need a fix. Or even the crazy 7800 version

I used to love 2600 Donkey Kong back in the day. Played it a ton. Wasn't until we got a Colecovision that we realized the difference. We were quick to abandon the 2600 back then, but I feel no love for the Coleco now. My heart is all Atari. But I don't feel much desire to play 2600 DKong now.

From the comparisons, what impresses me most is what was done with Junior PacMan. That is an excellent conversion to the 2600. And I think that even more so now that I've experienced the 5200 version. The 5200 Jr. may be better, more like the arcade, and prettier to look at, but the 2600 version is not bad at all.

The only thing I wonder is if it would be possible to hack 5200 Jr. Pac so that the ghosts look more like the arcade than they do. Then it could be almost perfect.

Edited by Brian R.