IGNORED

The evolution of eBay. . .

Starhopper

ebay end times  

27 members have voted

1. 1. When is the worst time to end an eBay auction?

• Sunday morning
    • Sunday evening
    • Regular Holidays (excluding Christmas)
    • Drinking holidays
    • During a G4 Star Trek Marathon
    • During a Cylon attack

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

:ponder: Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that eBay has gotten rather boring over the last year? There used to be some exctement to it but, now, with all the scams, inconsistencies, shillers, and such, you just don't feel the excitement of the hunt anymore. Even where selling is concerned, you used to be able to peg the best end times for your auctions to ensure people would remember to come back at the crucial end time--you know what I mean; never at four in the morning, seldom on Sundays, and never during any Star Trek showings :P .

If anyone wants me, I'll be building my online store. :cool:

Nope. Quite the opposite actually. (Well, from a buyers perspective that is). What seems to happen is that EVERY seller thinks Sundays are the best days, so theres more items ending on Sunday than on any other day. with that, it seems like unless you're using sniping software it's twice as likely you'll forget and miss the item you're interested in. Like I said though this is from a buyers perspective. It seems like the best deals are to be had on a Sunday, and mid-week is when items go for crazy amounts. Ive only sold ab out 3 dozen or so items, and the ones that ended on a Sunday seemed to go for much less than I wanted, and most weekdays they sold for more than I expected.

I would think ending on Sundays would be one of the better times to end an auction because most people have the day off...?
Nope. Quite the opposite actually. (Well, from a buyers perspective that is).

This "buyers perspective" response does not fit the question, "When is the worst time to end an eBay auction?" Since only the seller controls the start (and end) times for non-BIN auctions, the question must be about the seller's perspective. Thus, the question really means, "When is the worst time for a seller to have an auction end, due to likelihood of the item not selling or receiving only low bids?"

If the question were intended to apply to bidders, it should be worded something like, "Which auction end days and times should frugal bidders avoid?"

Edited by A.J. Franzman

This "buyers perspective" response does not fit the question, "When is the worst time to end an eBay auction?" Since only the seller controls the start (and end) times for non-BIN auctions, the question must be about the seller's perspective. Thus, the question really means, "When is the worst time for a seller to have an auction end, due to likelihood of the item not selling or receiving only low bids?"

If the question were intended to apply to bidders, it should be worded something like, "Which auction end days and times should frugal bidders avoid?"

Good Show! For paying attention, you get an A+. However, Jetset, we do encourage free thinking, and I appreciate the views from the other side of the fence. :cool:

So then what's the best day to end an auction?

The general consensus seems to be Mid-late week endings, to the seller's benefit. I, myself, have noticed that Wednesdays and Fridays are the best days for good sale prices. Since these are paydays for a good many people, they have a little more cash in their pockets and are more adventurous about bidding on an item they want. I know that Thursdays (the day before my payday) find me scrutinizing purchases more, as I have little else in my pocket but jingle and lint. ;)