IGNORED

How do you keep track of what carts you have?

General Atarian

I use my website, where I have scans from all my games. Most only Lable, only by special games too an Endlable. And I use too the Cart Commander. So I have all what I need.

At the beginning I have use Excel or Word, to make the list. But now its better with my website and Cart Commander. :)

I use Cart Commander and word docs;backed up on 5 1/2 disks,cdr,and another computer--way too much work to type it all in again....I had my need list printed out the first year I was filling in the titles missing,now it's all listed on the computer.Keeping the lists staight is half the fun of this hobby 8)

Kaz,

Can we trade lives please? hehe

You sure, I teach middle schoolers? They enjoy the game days when I bring in all my systems and borrow every tv in the school. Its really something to see all of them hooked up at once, and in one place.

Someday, I would like to have a place in the house with them (well, most anyway) hooked up for play. I seriously doubt anyone would miss the Magnavox Odyssey 1 if it wern't connected!

Cassidy

Btw, just broke the 1000 cart mark this last month. About 375 2600's, and CGE is coming! :)

Well I recently applied to a place called "St. Joseph's Group Foster Home" in Minneapolis, working with emotionally disturbed youth, and I've worked with the middle school age category for a year altogether. I expect to be given the job.

I've never been in a teaching role however, just in a supervisory/counseling role.

Kids? I work with MATH! Ewww.

I just signed a four month contract to do corporate bond research for an Applied Math department. Normally I'm an Economist, but I had the summer off and I needed something to do.

I can't tell you how many carts I have, but I can make you a nice graph showing how the number of carts I own grows exponetially as my income increases (or atleast, it *would* if I ever got a raise).

KA

I used to use lists in Excel, and then Cart Commander... but my laziness is too overpowering, so I just keep everything in my head. My memory isn't good enough to write out ALL my games, but it's good enough to look at a game and know wether I have it or not. I've only got around 500 games though, so it's not as hard as some of you have it.

--Zero

belive it or not, I know wich cart I do have and wich one I don't have, now, a question for Alex, latelly I've been trying to access atariage.com with my phone, and I can't get it to work, there's any way to put a cart list and the rarity only so we can check it with the cell phones? It's just a suggestion of course

Osbo

to keep track of my collection I have a text file which I update , after an update I upload it to my website, and the php page reads it out and generates a page.

The only problem I have is, sometimes when I receive carts I think hmm I will do the update next week, and lots of times I forget:sad:

- San

A couple of years ago, I started a list with MS Works, and I've been updating it ever since. I include the following info: cart title, manufacturer, model #, label type, and a description based on the John Earney's 2600 Label Variations list. My list covers (AFAIK) all of my 1100+ carts, and is more than 117K in size. I've had fun in the past toting around a printed copy when I'd go cartridge hunting. People's eyes tend to become large when they see this 30-page volume (small print) that I modestly call my "list". ;) :D

The greatest difficulty is not keeping it updated, but keeping it accurate. On numerous occasions I've discovered label variations not previously documented, so I've had to write a new description. I've stopped keeping track of the descriptions for my Combat carts, since I've found so many apparent variations (most of them so minor I'm not even certain they qualify as legitimate "variations"); one of my big projects for the future will be to pull out all of my 70+ copies and try to invent some kind of ID code to help catalog Combats (I already did this with my Mattel carts; it was necessary due to their mix-and-match nature). Frankly, I don't have enough time or beer to do something like that anytime soon... :P

HEAVY***6***er

My house is a shelter for homeless and unwanted Combats. ;)

Well I just took a few hours and put together a database file of all my Games. I did it in GeoFile on my Apple IIGS. I have it printing out on my Image Writer II...

I just foundout I had about twice as many games for NES as I thought I had...and of cource, I knew how many atari 2600 and 5200 games I had.... 1 and 2.

• 1 month later...

Currently I use excel to keep track of my stuff. I'm a programmer by trade though so eventually, if my interest stays high enough, I'd like to write my own.

It would be great if it could be like Movie Collector where you can do an online query. That is, I could type in combat and tell it to use the Atari Age database. It would then download all of the information (Title, Year, Description, scans, etc) into the database on the users machine. They could also keep track (optionally) of where they got the game and how much they paid for it.

Thanks,

Cap

I printed out an entire 80 or so page list right from here at Atariage. The one that lists all of the games for the 2600.

Now, whenever I get a cart, I just put a red checkmark next to its listing.

This is my "bible" and carry it around with me to garage sales, flea markets, wherever.

Ciao. Have a great weekend everyone! :D

I've been using a little database program on my Palm called "List". Really basic, system and name of game is all I have there...

I just started using Cart Commander, I have everything but my 2600 and NES collections stored in it already...

What is the simplest way to get *.CSV databases to show up on my Palm Pilot?? I want to bring my Cart Commander lists with me, but I'm not savvy enough with the Palm to know how to get them there, and my "List", ummm lists are woefully out of date.

One function of the CC I love is the percentage report...I saw a few of these in the off-topic a week ago. As soon as I get my 2600 and NES lists in, I plan on putting that picture up here...

I type my list on my computer and print out a new copy every now

and then. I use little symbols to indicate whether I have the box,

manual, or whether a game was part of my original collection I

had as a kid. I also list its AtariAge rarity rating (in bold type if

its 5 or higher) and how I rank each game as far as graphics and

game play. I also arrange the list by company (Activision, Data Age, etc.).

I need a list because, in my advancing age, I just can't remember

what I have sometimes.