IGNORED

How did Shirleyswapshop get this Pepsi Invaders

taxman

Wow, that is amazing. I really feel sad for the original owner. Not only did he trade Pepsi Invaders for a game that was way cheaper. That person actually traded it for a game that is actually worse to play than Pepsi Invaders. :sad:

Actually i feel more like this other trader needs a good slap upside the head than any pitty! What the hell? Can't any one do any research on something before they do dumb stuff like this. How many Pepsi Invdaers did he think were out there? For of all titles Strawberry Shortcake? WTF? :?

From what he told me:

He was at a flea market and was going through each booth looking at games and had asked a few if they had any other atari games.

I guess one of them said they had a few more at home. When he asked what they were, the seller told Don he didn't know and since he lived close by he could look at the games.

When Don went over there, this game was in a box ready to be sold. It had a price tag of $5.00 and as the seller and Don were talking, the seller told him his sister played Strawberry Shortcake on the Atari when they were kids.. so Don game him the Strawberry Shortcake.. as a joke for the guy to give to his sister, and off with the cart he went.

This seller sells all games for all platforms...and didn't like this game since it wasn't a real space invaders..lol

I can imagine this 32 year old man walking into the office and talking with his coworkers...."Yeah yesterday i met up with this other Atari collector Real nice fella .....I traded that labeless Pepsi Invaders i've been wanting to get rid of for a Strawberry Shortcake game.....what a pretty label!. Now my shrine of Strawberry Shortcake is complete" He would absolutely never live that one down if he worked with me.

LMAO

From what he told me:

He was at a flea market and was going through each booth looking at games and had asked a few if they had any other atari games.

I guess one of them said they had a few more at home. When he asked what they were, the seller told Don he didn't know and since he lived close by he could look at the games.

When Don went over there, this game was in a box ready to be sold. It had a price tag of $5.00 and as the seller and Don were talking, the seller told him his sister played Strawberry Shortcake on the Atari when they were kids.. so Don game him the Strawberry Shortcake.. as a joke for the guy to give to his sister, and off with the cart he went.

This seller sells all games for all platforms...and didn't like this game since it wasn't a real space invaders..lol

Yep the stupid fuck thought the game wasn't worth anything cause it only lasted 3 minutes and you couldn't play any longer like the "real" space invaders :rolling:

From what he told me:

Yep the stupid fuck thought the game wasn't worth anything cause it only lasted 3 minutes and you couldn't play any longer like the "real" space invaders :rolling:

Could you imagine if he just threw it away.. :roll:

You would think even flea market resellers would at least look up items they are going to sell..

From what he told me:

So it sounds like he actually played Strawberry Shortcake and Pepsi Invaders. He is stupid if he actualy thinks Strawberry Shortcake is funner to play than Pepsi Invaders. Now I really don't feel sorry for him.

Wow, the third Pepsi Invaders being sold this year. 18 down 107 to go. ;)

I'm actually surprised that so many of these carts are still in circulation. I mean, how much appeal would this have for the average person?

I'm even more surprised that someone hasn't gone through employee records and/or Coca-Cola archives to try to find out a) who was given a cart b) the location of any Atari/Coke promotional materials and c) the current location of said employees. :D

Wow, the third Pepsi Invaders being sold this year. 18 down 107 to go. ;)

I'm actually surprised that so many of these carts are still in circulation. I mean, how much appeal would this have for the average person?

I'm even more surprised that someone hasn't gone through employee records and/or Coca-Cola archives to try to find out a) who was given a cart b) the location of any Atari/Coke promotional materials and c) the current location of said employees. :D

I know if I lived in Georgia this is the first thing I would do. :) :cool:

Down to $1200 now. :-o

Okay, but it the high bid was what, $565.55, so is the hope that this big ticket item - as it has been in the past - will suddenly be worth the BIN?

From the past couple of auctions, having a credible history of the cart seems very vital in being able to get the asking price.

Down to $1200 now. :-o

Okay, but it the high bid was what, $565.55, so is the hope that this big ticket item - as it has been in the past - will suddenly be worth the BIN?

From the past couple of auctions, having a credible history of the cart seems very vital in being able to get the asking price.

Um i don't think mentioning u got this rare game by trading for a Strawberry Shortcake would help the sale much! :rolling:

Um i don't think mentioning u got this rare game by trading for a Strawberry Shortcake would help the sale much! :rolling:

Now I've got the Strawberry Shortcake song from the commercials stuck in my head! Get it out, get it out! post-5874-1179287688.gif

Here is something to help you get it out of your mind. It will work like a charm! :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLsujuSWAQ0

I would not mind putting in a serious offer but I really need more assurance it is real. This should be fairly easy to fake. I am not syaing the seller would do that but what if it was done to him ?

Haha! If you could fake a cartridge that good would you trade it for a Strawberry Shortcake? :ponder:

Edited by Atarimania75

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXJ7IZ1vbqg...ted&search=

This one MIGHT help you from going out to grab a midnight snack!

This will help as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMD9_QYfzb8

y-bot

and you should always be careful and use caution when u go out to fix your midnight snack! Something like this could always happen!

I would not mind putting in a serious offer but I really need more assurance it is real. This should be fairly easy to fake. I am not syaing the seller would do that but what if it was done to him ?

Hey Dude.. It IS real.. that has been confirmed. I am sure if he didn't say what the trade was...it might have sold.

Either way.. I have a feeling someone else is going to get a good deal on a Rarity 10.

I already shot him an offer.. lol

Just thought I would tell you guys the story behind this game.

I spend quite a bit of time in Atlanta as I lived in Dunwoody which is just 15 Minutes from downtown Atl ( in good traffic ) lol. While I was down there, over a weekend, I went to Bills Flea Market just outside of Atl. I was checking all of the booths that I saw which had video games and old toys.

Anyway, as I have been trained in sales.. I always ask a lot of questions..and one one them was " do you have any atari games that are not on the table?"

Well, one guy said he had a bunch more at home, and he was planning on bringing them the next weekend. I asked him and his wife which games they had..and of course they didn't know. We talked about many different things and it was closing time.. the guy told me I could stop by his place and look at what he had since it was on my way. I couldn't that day, but met up with him during the week prior to the weekend.

I looked thru his stuff, he had most of it marked for $5.00 a cart.. I didn't see anything but commons and we talked about how he and his sister played Strawberry Shortcake when they were kids. I had quite a few carts in my car from the flea market still and I did have a Strawberry Shortcake.. and I gave it to him. He was going to give it to his sister just as a joke.

This guy sells every game he gets..as most of what he gets are from Garage Sales and Thrift Stores. So they don't mean anything to him.

I kept looking and saw this cart, it had NO label and never had one.. so it peaked my curiosity. I asked him if he know what game it was..he didn't remember.. so we threw it into his atari that he used to test games.

I have to tell you I almost crapped a brick. He had it marked for $5.00. At first I was thinking repro.. but I started to believe it was real as we were in Atlanta. When it came on.. he said "oh yeah" and remembered the game.. He said he didn't like it since it wasn't the regular Space Invaders. He actually told me it was probably one of the giveaway's from coke or pepsi back then. LOL

I told him I would buy it and about ten other commons, and he told me I could have it for giving him the Strawberry Shortcake..

As we know, Atlanta is the Coke capital..and this came from a thrift store.. no doubt it is as real as it gets..

So that is how I found it.