IGNORED

Have you ever become obsessed with a video game title or series?

Rhindle The Red

Have you ever become obsessed with a video game title or series?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever become obsessed with a video game title or series?

• Yes, all the time and/or for long stretches.
    • Yes, on occasion, but it doesn't last.
    • Not really, maybe just a bit.
    • No, not at all.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side..........best fighting game ever

Cheers to that! The Eternal Champions series has to be truly an underrated gem. They deserve a lot more attention than they got. And I'm probably sure you'd have guessed I'm a fan of it based on my username. :D

At any rate, I do obsess off and on with certain games, but I can't remember specifics.

However, my longtime obsessions are:

Pole Position - I still remember the day I passed it up for Star Wars: Jedi Arena! How stupid could I have been? And all those times playing it in the arcade. I remember at the Boston Children's Museum, they had the game there on free play and I remember playing it nonstop. To this day, I aspire to play every version of Pole Position that's been made at least once.

Resident Evil - I remember playing Alone in the Dark in 1995 on the 3DO, and how much fun it was, running around avoiding monsters that could chase you from room to room, and solving puzzles. It was also enough to scare me from playing it at night. In 1996, after I got my PlayStation, my first game purchase was Resident Evil, as suggested by my friends at the time. Despite having trouble at first, since I wasn't accustomed to the concept of 'survival horror,' I eventually learned the value of dodging zombies and monsters, and became a pro. To this day, I've gotten just about every Resident Evil game published in the US (didn't get Gaiden, but I'd kill to play Gun Survivor 2.)

Time Crisis - Curse you, Namco, for making this game a PS3 exclusive! The Time Crisis series was always a big one because it simulated what it's like to be a secret agent taking on the bad guys in an adrenaline rushed race against time to save the world.

Like Larcen said, Eternal Champions is EXTREMELY underrated and could have been expanded into a great franchise. If it did continue, I'd hope they'd keep it 2D and not bring it into the 3D realm ala Tekken or Virtua Fighter.

EC is the best fighting game no doubt. The poster it came with still adorns my wall from the very day I got the Genesis version of the game. Thats a long time.

One game series I can't believe I forgot that I obsess over still because theres so much to do is the Hitman series. Love that series to death. Bring on as many sequels as you like.....just stick to the basics though.

My word...let me list a few...

SaGa is one, and I have to find the two SaGa Frontier titles. I've found several copies of Unlimited SaGa around, though.

wipEout is another one. I've got all but wipEout pure, and as soon as I can remember, I'll pick that up even though I don't have a PSP.

I'm getting close to Zelda and Final Fantasy obsessions, too.

I used to be obsessed with Command & Conquer until Generals came out.

Companies: I'm obsessed with Starpath. I'm still missing Sword and Survival Island, and I'm also missing Impossible Mission for the 7800 (I know, that's not technically Starpath, but it's from one of their programmers).

I saw a post that mentioned playing the first Unreal Tournament with a Riva TNT 2 graphics chip. I'm sorry, but anyone who does that needs to be jack slapped. Unreal Tournament is meant to be enjoyed on Voodoo graphics exclusively. Only unbelievers did not wait in anticipation to pay their $600 for the Voodoo 5 6000 when it came out. Only unbelievers were not disappointed when they were stuck making a mere $400 offering for the 5500 instead. Only unbelievers were the ones who didn't modify their Voodoo 5 5500 to play both Jedi Knight II and Command & Conquer: Renegade with both GPU's overclocked. Only unbelievers...you get the idea.

By the way, did I mention that I am obsessed with 3Dfx hardware?

I am obsessed with games related to Zoids, completely obsessed and the series is practically infinite so I will likely collect for many years to come.

Commodore 64 (US) Zoids - Never played it, do not own a Commodore 64

Gameboy (China) The Legend of Zoids Fight - Only GB Zoids game I know of, its fantastic!

Gameboy Advance (Japan) Zoids Diablo Tiger B - Unopened

Gameboy Advance (Japan) Zoids Saga - Decent, but not nearly as good as the second; I bought the second one first.

Gameboy Advance (Japan) Zoids Saga II - My Favorite GBA Release

Gameboy Advance (Japan) Zoids Saga Fuzors - Unopened

Gameboy Advance (Europe) Zoids Legacy - Unopened copy, from what I have heard its kinda rare.

Gamecube (Japan) Zoids VS - Unopened

Gamecube (Japan) Zoids VS 2 - Unopened

Gamecube (Japan) Zoids VS 3 - Unopened

Gamecube (Japan) Zoids Metal Crash - Unopened

Gamecube (US) Zoids Battle Legends - Terrible unless you play 2 player mode, but story mode is junk.

Nintendo DS (Japan) Zoids Battle Colosseum - Unopened

Nintendo DS (Japan) Zoids Saga DS: Legend of Arcadia

Nintendo DS - Zoids Dash - Unopened

Famicom (Japan) Zoids: Chuuou Tairiku No Tatakai - Very good! Fun game play, entertaining.

Famicom (Japan) Zoids: Mokushiroku - My Favorite Famicom Release

Famicom (Japan) Zoids RPG - Interesting, but kinda boring storyline

Famicom (Japan) Zoids 2 RPG - Better storyline then the first, entertaining in some aspects.

Playstation (Japan) Zoids Battle Card Game - Never played it, my copy is unopened

Playstation 2 (Japan) Zoids Struggle - Fantastic! perhaps the best zoids release other then the chinese gameboy game The Legend of Zoids Fight

Playstation 2 (Japan) Zoids Tactics - Unopened

Playstation 2 (Japan) Zoids Infinity Fuyuzazu - Unopened

Xbox 360 (Japan) Zoids Infinity Ex Neo - Unopened

I absolutely love, The Legend of Zoids Fight; if I play it on my Super Famicom with a Super Gameboy converter its so incredibly fun.

Pac-Man.I just cant get anuff of Pac-Man.I even have a Pac-Man Tattoo. :)

Post a pic :)

I don't really get obesessed with a series, but I do get obsessed with whatever game I am playing at the time.

At the moment, it is Lunar Genesis and Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS.

Edited by Pengwin

Well for a while there I was really heavy into emulations, even to the point of manually renaming all the ROMS to xfat32 standards (xbox). Collecting box art, manuals, ripped game music, cart scans, label scans, movies of the games, etc. It sorta kinda extended into a 1 year ebay binge of classic collecting. Although I've strayed away from it lately. Hopefully I wont have to give that stuff up considering the way things are looking right now.

There was a time where for some odd reason I decided I wanted to collect every Star Wars games released for the Psx, DC, PS2, N64, Cube, and Xbox. Well after many of them were no longer around.

Edited by Shannon

I bought a SNES simply because of Street Fighter II and Super Street Fighter II. Oh, sure, I bought other SNES games, but those were the instigators.

I have also been freakishly obsessed with Pitfall! for many years. I have both 2600 carts and their patches, the GBA cart, and I bought a Jaguar specifically for The Mayan Adventure.

Then there was Starflight for the PC. . . :ponder:

a little bit. i used to play metal gear solid 1 & 2 just about everyday from 2001 to mid 2003. i allmost had all the dogtags and was half-way through the plant in extreme mode in MGS2 when my memory card reformatted itself. :(

i don't play games much after a tramatic loss of my saves, same thing happend to guitar hero and NBA Street vol.2.

and i guess i was into mario when super mario bros. 3 came out, but i don't think that ever really reached obsession.

• 3 weeks later...
Aw yeah, obsession!

I have all the Twisted Metal games, and almost all the Twisted Metal clones: the two Vigilante 8 games, Rogue Trip, SW: Demolition,VCL, WDL...I'm just missing one that uses planes for the vehicles. When I get that one, I'll have them all!!!!!

Try Critical Depth on ps1 :) (underwater twisted metal)

• 3 months later...

Jumping Flash. This has recently dethroned The Incredible Machine as my favorite game series of all time. There's just something about being able to leap 100 feet in the air and then smash the bejesus out of anything that happens to be moving from on high that feels liberating and sadistic at the same time. recently, I've been spending inordanite amounts of time on Robbit Mon Dieu at the library. =D

Heaven knows I have. (see pic)

Nice collection ...

Ah yes. *entering remeniscing mode*. Reminds me of the time a few years ago when I was with a friend (met through Atari back in '86) at a small local nightclub. At the end of the night we saw this girl from beheind her. She had a long pigtail down her back, had a nice butt, etc ... We looked at her ... looked at each other and said "Lara Croft". Talk about sad. :roll: :)

As for being obsessed ... can't say I have.

• 1 year later...

I don't know about obsessed but I've been playing the worms games since the first one game out in the nineties and Worms 4 Mayhem is currently the only game on my PC. I love those style of games which goes back to scorched earth and before that, Artillery Duel. Speaking of which, when is Incoming! making its cart debut?