IGNORED

Have you ever become obsessed with a video game title or series?

Rhindle The Red

Have you ever become obsessed with a video game title or series?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever become obsessed with a video game title or series?

• Yes, all the time and/or for long stretches.
    • Yes, on occasion, but it doesn't last.
    • Not really, maybe just a bit.
    • No, not at all.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Pac-Man.I just cant get anuff of Pac-Man.I even have a Pac-Man Tattoo. :)

Hi Jboy,

WOOOOW!!....I need to see that.

Anthony....

I know a guy here in Columbus that does arcade repair for Shaffer services. He and his wife have Atari symbol tatoos, He has a large one one the bicep and she has one on the shoulder. Arcade games was how they met. :D

The funny thing for me about seeing this roughly year-and-a-half old thread is that even though my actual *obsession* with Lara Croft and Tomb Raider has ebbed (I haven't even gotten the new game, yet), I'm still getting things for this collection.

Since the photo was taken, I've gotten two more sealed action figures, a novel (which I actually alreay had at the time, it was just in a box, so I didn't know it), a "Cradle of Life" junior novelization, a second copy of the first movie on DVD (different cover), *both* films on UMD, the first movie on HD DVD, first movie soundtrack CD, a few more strategy guides, "Curse of the Sword" (GBC), "Prophecy" (GBA), some demos I scrounged up, the PS2 cheat disc for AOD, and a virtually complete set of the first TR trading card game. And more, I'm sure.

I also got two special trading cards: the first autographed by Chris Barrie, who played Lara's butler in the films, but is better known as Rimmer from Red Dwarf, and a "Cradle of Life" fabric card; one of those with a piece of Angelina Jolie's costume embedded in it.

You see, once an obsession takes me, it never really dies, just kind of goes into a slow burn...

I got into the Metal Gear Franchise back when MGS2 came out...Had a thing for all things Survival Horror, still play Silent Hill on psx 1 regularly.

I'm big on Silent Hill myself. As far as i'm concerned, they can keep em coming. I bought Metal Gear Solid for PS1 back when it came out and i loved it. Then again, anything by Hideo Kajima kicks azz. Remember Snatcher?

I got into the Metal Gear Franchise back when MGS2 came out...Had a thing for all things Survival Horror, still play Silent Hill on psx 1 regularly.

I'm big on Silent Hill myself. As far as i'm concerned, they can keep em coming. I bought Metal Gear Solid for PS1 back when it came out and i loved it. Then again, anything by Hideo Kajima kicks azz. Remember Snatcher?

I've heard of Snatcher but never owned a Sega CD or found a copy for PSX. How about Night Trap? I had it on 3DO always loved the part where the dude has the drill thing...

I've heard of Snatcher but never owned a Sega CD or found a copy for PSX. How about Night Trap? I had it on 3DO always loved the part where the dude has the drill thing...

Snatcher is great and i love the Sega CD for the older stuff. I have Night Trap for it and i love that one too. My favorite movie-style game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I definitly would become obsessed with snatcher if new snatcher games would be produced. Shenmue too.

• 2 months later...

Since my original posts, I have since expanded my obsesseions with the franchises listed.

I now have the Japanese imports of the Final Fantasy VII and VIII soundtracks. The first one cost me £5 over the local car boot sale while VIII was a gift from a friend of mine. I also have the Final Fantasy VIII - X2 singles collection CD.

For other franchises, I don't really have anything new except for special edition guide books for Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass.

PS: On teh Doctor Who message board at Outpost Gallifrey, my username is phantom_hourglass, but I don't know if it counts or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Asteroids for 2600 right after I got it christmas 82, asteroids as your probably know was a 2nd pack in. I spent hours rolling it over and over again. Berzerk was another. More recently Raiden for Jaguar, and lately Gran Turismo 3 which comes & goes.

2600: Berzerk,Adventure,Yars Revenge

7800: Xevious, Food Fight

Lynx: A.B.P.

3DO: Gex

Dreamcast: Illbleed

PC: Everquest,Everquest 2, WoW

PS2: Everquest Online Adventures

XBox 360: Oblivion.......in fact it's been 12 seconds since I last played so please excuse me I must fire it up again!

• 2 months later...

I remember that in 5th grade I had a sick obsession with Mario. I collected all things mario, made videos about mario on a vhs camera, played Super Mario 64 all the time, and I even went as Mario for Halloween. Obnoxiously unhealthy. I was out of the influence by 6th grade, but it makes me shudder to think about that year. :(

• 2 weeks later...