IGNORED

I don't remember some of these commercials!

Atarimania75

LOL @ the Solar Fox commercial! :D

That's cousin Vicky from the Vacation movie! You remember, the one who talks about going steady & french kissing , then saying Daddy thinks she's the best at it. :P

Classic , thanks for posting these! :cool:

Anyone who is bored enough. I'm sure can find more! :)

if you're talking about the Activision Ice Hockey.....yea, that commercial is INTENSE!!! :)

The game is pretty intense, too....so I guess it's a good representation.

I love how all the commercials for Activisions games are on the PS2 Activision Anthology.

Yeah, Phil Hartman is awesome in that commercial. I love it. :)

There are 2 Atari commericials from the late 80's I remember that I have never seen again. It was right after the famous "fun is back" commericial. One was a commercial set to the "fun is back" music advertising Crossbow. I think it was around 1988 because I remember running out trying to find the game. I remember them showing the screen shot of the castle scene.

The other commercial was comparing the new Atari games (Midnight Magic and Solaris) to original Atari games (Pinball and Star Ship) showing how much the games have improved over time. The would first should the older game with I think the name of the game and year, then show the new game.

If anyone could find these commercials, I would love to see them again.

Anyone who is bored enough. I'm sure can find more! :)

And isn't the guy in the Asteroids commercial Steve Vinovich:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Steve_Vinovich

A lot of famous and semi-famous people can be found in these old commercials.

That's longtime SNL anncr Don Pardo (or a DAMN good sound-alike) in the Ms. Pac ad, & the Mario Bros. one links to a "80s Atari commercial" voiced by Jack Palance.

Edited by RJ

Man,i remember that Mario Bros. commercial from when i was kid and after seening wanting a copy of that game so bad! :)

I love how Mario seems to be having some sort of schizophrenic identity crisis. He seems to have forgotten who he is. And where he is.

I've seen the Phil Hartman ice hockey one before. My favorite part is the way he says "ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION!!!!!!" at the end. He sounds so angry!

I love how Mario seems to be having some sort of schizophrenic identity crisis. He seems to have forgotten who he is. And where he is.

Actually, that's Luigi. If you listen to the music, it says "Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind..."

Since that was Luigi's premiere game, they obviously hadn't developed his character much. :)

Everytime I watch one of those old commercials, it reminds me just how incredibly DUMB television was back then. I remember the Phil Hartman hockey commercial, which was particularly silly. Never seen the Asteroids one.

TV was so cheesy back in the 80s. It's hard to imagine these commercials selling anything these days. Of course, this was around the time shows like Galactica 1980 and Chips were on, so what can you say?

Everytime I watch one of those old commercials, it reminds me just how incredibly DUMB television was back then. I remember the Phil Hartman hockey commercial, which was particularly silly. Never seen the Asteroids one.

TV was so cheesy back in the 80s. It's hard to imagine these commercials selling anything these days. Of course, this was around the time shows like Galactica 1980 and Chips were on, so what can you say?