IGNORED

FS: Nice and clean Atari 800XL

I've got a spare Atari 800XL for sale here, in excellent condition. Everything works perfectly, but I have no power pack for it (I had to test it with the power pack for my own personal 800XL). This thing's in even better condition than my personal unit!

PM or reply with offers, please. Shipping will be a bit hefty due to size and weight, but I'm sure we can work something out! Thanks in advance, guys! :)

post-3207-1179326586_thumb.jpg

Edited by liquidcross

I'm looking for one, but could you tell me if this one was made in Japan or Taiwan? The reason I'm asking is because I've got a 600XL that was made in Japan and the keyboard feels alot nicer than the Taiwan models.

How can you tell? Is it printed on the bottom of the case? I can check later today.

How can you tell? Is it printed on the bottom of the case? I can check later today.

Yup. It's printed on the label just under the serial numbers. They made them in several places. Most of the components are the same, although the keyboards must have been sourced from different manufacturers. In terms of best 'feel' they seem to go Japan>Hong Kong>Taiwan.

Most people probably wouldn't notice much difference since all the XLs had decent quality keyboards. It's just that I have to do alot of typing for a living, so I appreciate a nice crisp keyboard. :)

Actually, I'm interested in it regardless, but I won't know how much 'fun money' I can afford to blow until I get paid on Monday. If no one else bites 'till then, shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can work out. :D

Actually, I'm interested in it regardless, but I won't know how much 'fun money' I can afford to blow until I get paid on Monday. If no one else bites 'till then, shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can work out. :D

No one else has bitten yet, so I'm sure it'll end up being yours. I didn't get a chance to check the label last night, but I will tonight. :)

• 1 month later...
Just checked it; this 800XL was made in Hong Kong.

If you can find a power supply for it and you're willing to meet me half way i'll give you $20 for it.

maybe a little more once i see it in person...

I see you live in northern CT.

I live in western mass

-Rick