IGNORED

Lynx soundtrack rips

PFG 9000

Okay. Got everything re-upped, new links are:

http://rapidshare.com/files/86100454/Lynx_...oject1.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/86131856/Lynx_...oject2.zip.html

And for anybody who wants just the Toki stuff (Clean Larry's request):

http://rapidshare.com/files/86124926/Toki.zip.html

Clean Larry, I'm not going to upload the music to your FTP because I'm a bit rusty with FTP, and I don't currently have an FTP program installed. This should work out just fine for you, as the file is less than 2 MBs.

Once again, the password is my username with all caps and no spaces. The first bundle has tracks from AvP, Bill & Ted, Blue Lightning, Cali Games, Crystal Mines, Electrocop, Gates of Zendocon, Klax, Kung Food, Qix, Robotron, and STUN Runner. Bundle 2 has tracks from Lemmings, Scrapyard Dog, Shadow of the Beast, Shanghai, Asteroids/MC, Slime World, Toki, Warbirds, and Xybots. Refer to my first post up top for specifics. The reason I didn't do X or Y game is that I either don't have the cart, I don't care for the music, or I didn't have a request to do it through emulation at the time of this project several years ago. I don't think I'll do anymore rips (maybe some Jag tunes now that I have a composite cable), but I'd be happy to outline the process for anybody who wishes to make their own. It's pretty easy, just extremely time consuming.

Clean Larry, I'm not going to upload the music to your FTP because I'm a bit rusty with FTP, and I don't currently have an FTP program installed. This should work out just fine for you, as the file is less than 2 MBs.

Hey, thanks for remembering. :)

I've snagged the Toki tunes and am enjoying them now. Woo-hoo!

• 3 months later...

Hey, new guy here.

I'd love to check out the soundtracks you've prepared. If you could re-upload them at some point it'd be much appreciated!

I have a blog where I rip classic video game soundtracks to mp3 and upload them. However, I have yet to touch the atari lynx and it's something I've been meaning to check out. (Or any atari system for that matter, but the lynx will be my first pick).

http://explod.tumblr.com/

full list of current uploads + blog introduction

PFG 9000, if you want any of these soundtracks uploaded to an ftp for permanent hosting, you can always PM me and I can include your rips under "Guest Picks", if you're interested! :)

It's unfortunate there isn't a vgm format for the lynx yet. Until then I'm going to try and find some games that have an acceptably low level of "hiccups" in the music in Handy, so I can rip the music with Audacity. Chip's Challenge has some pretty great music...

If anyone here has some un-ripped favorites, please share!

Edited by bucky

Yeah I agree. I just added SAP playback support to Atarixlbox and aside from the fact that it is way smaller than the SID collection, best I can tell the Atari 5200/8-bit is the only Atari system that got the chipmusic treatment. So I was thinking of recording a few tunes myself just so they can be included with the emulator.

It's a shame really, though. I'm trying to give the Atari systems a deluxe treatment on the x-port emu's as I go thru them because, sadly, most people don't look earlier than the NES system.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oi.. what's with these crappy free download sites? I'll seed a torrent if the tunes are that popular (of course, I need to get a copy too... whoever has them PM me and I can set up an FTP folder to start with ;) ).

That would be great, Tursi! It seems I never was able to download these tunes. And I can't get the latest link posted now to work either.

An other good idea would be to post the tunes over at the Video Game Music Archive, where the great Lynx music will reach many people. http://www.vgmusic.com/ Would that be possible, PFG 9000?

An other good idea would be to post the tunes over at the Video Game Music Archive, where the great Lynx music will reach many people. http://www.vgmusic.com/ Would that be possible, PFG 9000?

I believe that site is only for midi's. Unless I'm mistaken...?

You guys are welcome to distribute these as much as you can. Before I made these, I was dying to find some Lynx music for download, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I have Jaguar rips too, but they're really poor quality since I didn't have RCA cables for my Jag at the time, and had to use the TV's headphone-out jack. If somebody has an actual rapidshare account, feel free to host these there. I tried to make one, but the site wasn't working for me for some reason.

Grrrr.... :x :x

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Hey, thanks for the info...I didn't know I could start up this Collectors Account thingey by deleting the file. There's a bit of a language barrier; apparently rapidshare isn't designed by a native-English speaker.

Anyway, the link should work again, and I think I've gotten rid of the download limit now.

Edited by PFG 9000

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay on this - I have the files up on bittorrent now, should make for easier distribution, and so long as a few people keep seeding, faster too. ;)

You can grab the torrent from http://tursilion.com/tor/Atari_Lynx_Rips.torrent

I've left the files in the OGG format I received them in - most modern players can handle ogg, and it would take a fair bit of time to convert them. :)

Let me know if the torrent works for anyone, I don't set them up too often.

I've been converting them to MP3 but it does take time because of the number of files. I can send them to Tursi once I'm done if anyone wants them as MP3.

That would be nice :)

I didn't think anyone would care. Trek, don't worry about it, I can batch convert to MP3. ;)

Give me a few days, will post again when I get it done. ;)