IGNORED

That's Atari Music Vol. II CD

y-bot

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. Please move it if needed. Has anyone seen this before? I bought it in Japan last year and forgot about it until I found it yesterday. I haven't listened to it but it appears to be the music from Atari arcade games from the late 80's.

th_DSC02713.jpg

th_DSC02714.jpg

th_DSC02715.jpg

th_DSC02716.jpg

Thanks, y-bot

If someone trustworthy wants to borrow it to archive it I would be willing to send it to them. I'm computer illiterate so I don't have the skillz to do it.

y-bot

Does this look like a legitimately produced music CD or do you think it's a pirate CD?

At any rate, I'd be glad to archive it for you. :) How many tracks are on the CD? Do you have Volume I? :D

..Al

If someone trustworthy wants to borrow it to archive it I would be willing to send it to them. I'm computer illiterate so I don't have the skillz to do it.

y-bot

Does this look like a legitimately produced music CD or do you think it's a pirate CD?

At any rate, I'd be glad to archive it for you. :) How many tracks are on the CD? Do you have Volume I? :D

..Al

I'm sure it's legit. I'll list the tracks later when I get home from work. I don't have volume I and I've never seen another volume II. There are thoudands of video game soundtracks on CD and record in Japan but I don't know anything about them so I usually just admire them (and their high prices) through the window of Mandarake in Tokyo. I don't even remember where I got this.

toby

I'm listening to it right now and it is pretty rad. The tracks are:

1~5 SUPER SPRINT

6~9 GAUNTLET/GAUNTLET II

10~14 PAPERBOY

15~19 ROAD BLASTERS

20~23 S.T.U.N. RUNNER

24~29 720

(S.E. COLLECTION)

30 SUPER SPRINT

31 GAUNTLET/GAUNTLET II

32 PAPER BOY

33 ROAD BLASTERS

34 S.T.U.N. RUNNER

35 720

It's dated 91-9-21, Scitron PCCB-00070, copyright Atari Games & Tengen Ltd., made by Pony Canyon Inc.

The whole title is "That's Atari Music Vol. II -G.S.M. Atari Games 2-"

The booklet is 20 pages long and has a more detailed track list explaining what each piece of music is, several pages of Japanese text, pictures of the fliers for each game, and the sheet music for Road Blasters and Gauntlet II.

Right now it's going through all the voices from Gauntlet. "You just shot the potion", "extra armor", "don't shoot your friends on this level", etc.

@Al-I'll send this with the common 2600 carts I'm sending you and you can archive it.

y-bot

As this CD is out of print(more than likely), what's the likelyhood of Atari Age in conjunction with Atari Inc. re-releasing this CD for purchase in the Atari Age store?

Secondly, Who has Atari Music Vol. I CD?

I did a Google search for "That's Atari Music" and came up with a few people selling the CD I have and a double CD with vol. 1 & 2. They say it's from 2003 though so I'm not sure if those are reissues or if they are all from 2003.

y-bot