IGNORED

1200XL Owners Club (serial tracker)

kheller2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found the photo which I took some months ago. It is Pilot Unit prototype.

10/28

DA000156.

Yes, it works great expect non-responsive keyboard. So figures ....

Yes, it playing any games without any problems.

So it is 4th one unit on this forum so far . You has 246 units to go ...

Edited by Caterpiggle

Hello kheller2,

Can you teach me a bit educational on my pilot unit. Myself, I just have a wild guess "10/28" means on Oct., 28th, 1982 ? "DA000156" means 156th out of 250th made in Pilot unit in 1982 ? Why I am seeing another pilot unit's always begin with "10/28" all the time ? Does means anything ?

Edited by Caterpiggle

As far as I know, all pilot units bare the 10/28/1982 date.  And yes yours is the 156th unit.  There were 250 PILOT units made Fall of 82 - Goldberg, Marty and Curt Vendel. Atari, Inc. - Business Is Fun. Carmel: Syzygy, 2012. Print. Page 697.  “A 250 piece pilot run of the 1200XL’s for Marketing’s product engineer Harish Shah is also scheduled to be completed shortly...” For context, this statement was made when discussing meetings held in late August 1982. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 2nd 1200XL!

72R DA 16537  213

Cant help but post some photos of this beautiful machine. No corrosion and it seems to have been used very little. Was from Cheyenne WY. Maybe the low humidity there kept the paper serial# label and plastic from yellowing? Or is it just Air Conditioned storage in the dark that keeps the plastic and label from yellowing? A few minor scratches on the video port lead me to believe someone didn't know how to plug the cable into it. That he/she didn't know how to use it is a guess as to why it went unused. Keyboard mostly doesn't work which will be fixed soon.  It's too beautiful to use. Seems a crime to use and put wear on it. A8's can be beautiful. Stock composite video quality is excellent!

1200XL-serial-label!.jpg

1200XL-and-800-aside.jpg

1200XL video power ports.jpg

1200XL no corrosion shield.jpg

1200XL-works-AR-dungeon-screenshot.jpg

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 2

Oh by the way. I have four C017945 power supplies here (more in boxes) and all four rate at 11volts AC at the barrel connector with no load. Is this normal and safe? One of them I've been using on 1050's, 800's, 400's and 1200XL's with no problem at all. Is 11v AC merely the no load voltage? Thanks for help/advice in advance!

I had one back in the late-80s/early-90s and writing an article for a local Atari user group about the uniqueness and potential, even if others commented at a meeting about its compatibility issues. There was a Usenet article on a 1200XL that was referring to my article as well, waaaaaaay back when.

I adored the machine and kept it in great shape at the time. I wish I never sold it. With luck, someone in this thread is a proud owner of it as opposed to it broken and slowly decomposing in a landfill.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sugarland said:

Very very nice! A keeper!

Definitely, this is my 4th but foolishly I sold the other 3. I've been looking for an affordable replacement for the last couple of years.

This one is staying put

3 hours ago, xrbrevin said:

super clean! ?

Yes,  I couldn't believe how clean it was inside when I took it apart to fix the keyboard.

Absolutely all the keys were unresponsive. My guess is that it didn't get much use due to keyboard issues.

10 hours ago, Sugarland said:

Oh by the way. I have four C017945 power supplies here (more in boxes) and all four rate at 11volts AC at the barrel connector with no load. Is this normal and safe? One of them I've been using on 1050's, 800's, 400's and 1200XL's with no problem at all. Is 11v AC merely the no load voltage? Thanks for help/advice in advance!

Yes, this is fine 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My latest arrival.... ♥️

This fine 1200XL from a trusted seller in germany...

Current location : Germany

Previous location : USA

Serial : 72 R DA 15418 213

(Serviced by "B and G Electronics" 15729 Madison Ave, Lakewood, Ohio 44107)

Gtx.,

andY

1578513423855.JPEG

1578513423694.JPEG

1578513423536.JPEG

1578513423397.JPEG

Edited by andymanone
  • Like 1

As of today I'm a second-time 1200XL owner, here's my serial:

72R DA 27862 273

As you might to be able to tell, this is a Taiwan model and here's the real kicker: This was made the same week as my previous 1200XL (which I sold to Guitarman) and is right below that one on the list! I also noticed that it's already on the list as being on Facebook Marketplace, though I just bought it from @ghost1313 over here.