IGNORED

Time Pilot

Adrian M

Compared to other Coleco conversions to the VCS..yes..it very cool and impressive. Time Pilot and Venture almost make up for Donkey Kong...

If that Turbo proto ever surfaces and looks and plays half as good as we think it could...then that will redeem Coleco from the list of worst 2600 game makers.

At least...with me it will.

I love the arcade version and hate the 2600 version. The game play just sucks. I know that they tried hard to work within the limitations of the 2600, but either the 2600 can't handle it or the designers weren't good enough to capture even a flavor of the game play.

But then, this is probably the arcade game I played the most back in the '80's. And the first time I saw the 2600 version was in 1997 or 98. So I'm not the most objective person to review this game.

I really enjoy the 2600 port of Time Pilot. Part of my love for it is based on nostalgia, but taken on its own, it's a pretty solid game. It's a good test for the reflexes, and I like the variations in the different levels. One of the better 2600 Coleco carts, in my opinion.