IGNORED

Halo 3 beta

Anyone else been playing? We use my GT to play. I love it. It still has it little flaws here and there ( I don't mean because it's a beta) but overall, it's still the Halo I like. New weapons are cool, the spike grenades are sweet, and the man cannon will be a blast to do stupid stuff with. I think the most kick ass thing that is brilliant is the video playback. We just watched one of my videos where I smacked a guy acroos the room. I mean he flew and slammed on the wall.

I understand that Halo is a game to hate for whatever reasons people have, but damn, they are some really well executed games. 4 player campaign co-op seems to be real and will really take this game to the next level. 4 million pre-orders already?! Doubt you'll see those types of numbers anywhere else this gen. This is going to be huge.

Edited by Foxy Cleopatra

I'll watch for you. To be honest, I think H3 looks a whole lot like [how I remember] Halo 2. I should probably boot up #2 to see just how far things have come.

In terms of pre-orders I agree that 4mil is hard to top, but we'll see that and more when Super Mario Galaxy gets a release date.

I'll watch for you. To be honest, I think H3 looks a whole lot like [how I remember] Halo 2. I should probably boot up #2 to see just how far things have come.

In terms of pre-orders I agree that 4mil is hard to top, but we'll see that and more when Super Mario Galaxy gets a release date.

It looks like Halo. It should though. It's a proven formula that works well and plays great. I am really looking foward to finishing the fight through campaign more than anything else.

When Halo 2 came out, lots of people talked about how HalfLife 2 was going to slaughter Halo 2 in sales. What did Halo 2 do? Something like 2 million copies sold in 24 hrs. HL2 wasn't on the map at that point anymore. SMG will sell well no doubt, but Halo 3 is more of an event than a game. The multiplayer aspect alone will generate huge sales and provide a long term interest. And this is the final Halo game that ties it all up. I just hope Bungie doesn't whore out the name and Masterchief after this like another company does with characters :ponder:

Edited by Starscream

• 5 weeks later...

No f'n way. SMG could outsell Halo3, but there is no chance it will out-pre-order it. We'll just have to wait and find out who's right on this guess.