IGNORED

WANTED BAD! 1980 Monaco GP by Sega

ismokeblunts

• 1 year later...

I’d settle for the simulator. Phil Stroffolino had one out with a mame engine for the pc but the link is dead (www.jps.net/camilty/monman). ANYone got a new link???

Here’s a Monaco GP game for the GP2X and the SG-1000 had a port in the early 80’s. Monaco GP ’79 & Monaco GP Pro ‘80 used Proms & TTL chips only – no ROM – so no MAME. I loved their flyers, Logan’s Run girl included.

Sorry, I can't get this Monaco GP embedded?? It's worth a look!!

post-17239-1233361557_thumb.jpg

They were a dime a dozen about 10 years ago. Hit RGVAC and see who has one nearby you. They are fairly sensitive to socket issues on the chips, so a good cleaning is in order. Brought one back from the dead by replacing a few sockets over the course of a days work once.

I like it as well as Turbo, even though it doesn't get the love. Do you care if its an upright or a cockpit? Sit down obviously will be harder to find. It does come apart in the middle, by the way :) So does Turbo.

CN

• 2 weeks later...
The game (or at least a simulated version of it) is in MisfitMAME.

Not everything is emulated but at least it's playable.

Ok, just played

Monaco GP & its Samples on MAME PLUS! v102. I'm assuming MisfitMAME does a better job but (sorry Robbbert) it doesn't work on my old win95 pc.

Let's just say it's sad that these discrete logic circuit games will go the way of the dodo. Emulation does not do this game justice.

Edited by slampam

• 11 months later...

I’d settle for the simulator. Phil Stroffolino had one out with a mame engine for the pc but the link is dead (www.jps.net/camilty/monman). ANYone got a new link???

Hi All - I was reading through this thread the other day and I decided to put up my Monaco page again after years of absence...

http://www.vidsonix.com/monaco/monaco.htm (not searchable yet)

Also, I will be putting up a Sega Ages 2 (J) with the Monaco GP port for the Sega Saturn (see Monaco webpage) on eBay soon.

AtariAge is a pillar for the retro gaming community. Keep on keep'n on...

- Camilty

Hi All - I was reading through this thread the other day and I decided to put up my Monaco page again after years of absence...

http://www.vidsonix.com/monaco/monaco.htm (not searchable yet)

Also, I will be putting up a Sega Ages 2 (J) with the Monaco GP port for the Sega Saturn (see Monaco webpage) on eBay soon.

AtariAge is a pillar for the retro gaming community. Keep on keep'n on...

- Camilty

Hello Camilty, a well done Monaco GP page :cool: .

I've got the cockpit version (French WIP).

• 3 weeks later...

I still regret selling mine when I left Cleveland. I had a lead on one down here but the guy was really flakey, I told him I would pay his asking price if he could send me some pics of the cabinet to determine condition. Sent me two blurry screen shots and a pic of the back door. When I asked nicely for pics of the front and sides of the cab he stopped communicating. I keep thinking about trying again with him but it took almost a month to get to that point.

They can and do go cheaply though. A few months ago 2 sold on ebay for $10 and the buyer posted on another forum he really didn't want them and paid for them, anyone who could pick them up could have them. Too bad it was in NJ. This is another one of those games that really depends if someone is looking for one at the time. I love the game but tell you what, the inside is a mess, yes all logic and with all the displays it has to have a few miles of wiring inside. Anyways, even for a cockpit the most is realistically $500 or so, not working maybe $50.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8733

I've been looking for one of these for YEARS now, If anyone finds there way upon one, or has one available for sale. By all means, TELL ME! :)

Thanks

Check this out man I grew up in a small town in Ireland and by a stroke of luck I became friends with a kid called Scott.

I was only about 10 years old must have been 1980 1981.Anyway this tiny little arcade opened at the top of the town out the

back of a video cassete rental shop.To start of with They had a Cosmic Monsters then a Uniwars then a Phoenix / Cosmic Birds.

I didn't work it out for a while but it turned out that Scott's dad Bill owned these machines and was hiring them out to the

arcade.So one day Scott invited me around to his garage where his dad was setting up a new game called Sega Monaco GP.The coin

part was opened up and myself and Scott where playing it for free all evening a couple of days later it ended up in the arcade

and was an instant hit with all the kids who went in there.In truth I wasn't a huge fan I loved shootem ups too much.About a year

later this little arcade was really popular but then a larger arcade opened which had a Gorf a Berzerk and a Missile Command

along with a lot of other cool games.My friend Scott said he would never play them because they belonged to the competition.

Sega Monaco GP was one of the only games I got to play in Scotts garage.I remember one other time he had a Moon Cresta cocktail

in his living room I begged him and begged him but he wasn't able to bring me into his house LOL.They where a private kind of family

Nice people actually.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...