IGNORED

Is this a good buy ?

pangasinan

Hi,im thinking of putting a bid in on this tabletop,i live close buy so pick uo is available,i asked him about the little haywire problem,here is his response.

Thanks for your inquiry. Sometimes the machine will 'freeze' if it's knocked or hit, especially on the top of the unit. It certainly doesn't do every 5 minutes, and as I said in the past it's just a matter of turning the on and off. You can also completely lift the glass top lid which has a little micro switch underneath which, if memory serves me will also re-boot the unit. It's been a while since I last played the device, probably 4 years, but it fired up first go when I turned it on for the photos the list on Ebay and played fine. Yes the unit is available for pick up. Regards, Peter.

Do you think it is a major fault,or one i can live with....thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Space-Invaders-Arca...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by pangasinan

Hi,im thinking of putting a bid in on this tabletop,i live close buy so pick uo is available,i asked him about the little haywire problem,here is his response.
Thanks for your inquiry. Sometimes the machine will 'freeze' if it's knocked or hit, especially on the top of the unit. It certainly doesn't do every 5 minutes, and as I said in the past it's just a matter of turning the on and off. You can also completely lift the glass top lid which has a little micro switch underneath which, if memory serves me will also re-boot the unit. It's been a while since I last played the device, probably 4 years, but it fired up first go when I turned it on for the photos the list on Ebay and played fine. Yes the unit is available for pick up. Regards, Peter.

Probably nothing major. looks like it would be worth it. heck if it ever got any worse, u could always have someone that knows what they're doing check it out. definitly be worth saving.

I don't know the exchange rate but around here a bootleg galaxian that didn't work very well would be $50-100 US. But if you don't see much in your area for sale I guess that might be reasonable. Most likely it is a minor issue that you can find by shaking the wires.

I don't think that is a Space Invaders, I know they made a few variations of it that I am not really aware of but that is definetily not an original Space Invaders. Probably some sort of clone as mentioned in the above post. I would avoid a clone due to the lack of repair info availible for them, they don't really have repair manuals out there for clone games. Also I'm not sure what the conversion rate is exactly but I would say over here that game is worth no more than $200 in good working condition, with a problem it would be more like $100.

well, thats not space invaders its galaxian. I don't think I have seen a color space invaders, so I don't think it was converted from space invaders. I would bet its a knockoff galaxian.

Hopefully its not a deco(cassette load always a problem)!! I don't think deco made a galaxian clone.

Edited by mr.bill