IGNORED

Magic Window by Quicksilva

PINMAN

Hi guys.

Whilst looking through a load of old Spectrum tapes which i have,i came across an Atari Graphics - Font Editing program,which is Magic Window by Quicksilva.After doing a quick search on the net for this particular title,i discovered that it has a rarity of 9(no suggested value though).Anyone know what kinda value this title has ?.I'd hate to let it go for next to nothing,only to find out later,that it's worth a fair bit.I'm in the UK btw,if that makes any difference.Any info would be much appreciated.

Edited by PINMAN

Hi guys.

Whilst looking through a load of old Spectrum tapes which i have,i came across an Atari Graphics - Font Editing program,which is Magic Window by Quicksilva.After doing a quick search on the net for this particular title,i discovered that it has a rarity of 9(no suggested value though).Anyone know what kinda value this title has ?.I'd hate to let it go for next to nothing,only to find out later,that it's worth a fair bit.I'm in the UK btw,if that makes any difference.Any info would be much appreciated.

It is a rare cassette, but it's probably worth very little, unfortunately.

I bought one on ebay last year for about a fiver. The market for Atari cassette software in general is small, and for utility programs is very small indeed.

It is a rare cassette, but it's probably worth very little, unfortunately.

I bought one on ebay last year for about a fiver. The market for Atari cassette software in general is small, and for utility programs is very small indeed.

Thanks for your reply.I had a feeling that this would be the case,but i obviously wanted to be 100% sure,before parting with it.

I was going to say that it's a mighty shame that the interest for Atari 8 bit computer software is low....but that is obviously good news for you,since your purchases won't cost you an arm and a leg lol.

Thanks once again for the info,i'm very grateful for your help.

I was going to say that it's a mighty shame that the interest for Atari 8 bit computer software is low....but that is obviously good news for you,since your purchases won't cost you an arm and a leg lol.

Interest tends to be low as far as cassette-based titles are concerned, but disk and cartridge games are in more demand, and the rare titles sometimes fetch silly prices. I've parted with a couple of metaphorical limbs myself recently.

I think that part of the reason for the low cassette prices is that the tapes take an age to load, and are somewhat unreliable, but I also think that very few people have any kind of notion that they'll ever own all Atari 8-bit software, since there is so much of it. Many 2600 collectors have a shot at getting close to a complete collection, but there's so much obscure A8 stuff that it's well-nigh impossible.

Edited by deathtrappomegranate

Magic Window! That's a blast from the past! I'd forgotten about that utility, I used to use it a lot when programming stuff with Turbo Basic. If i remember correctly it used to store the code in rem statements I found it useful working with both Graphics 0 and Graphics 12 font's/ char graphics. :cool: