IGNORED

Atari 2600 Games with Posters?

Ranthulfr

Many of the red label late releases came packaged with a poster/catalog I believe. Mario Bros came with a manual/poster as I recall as well. I think Swordquest Earthworld came out with a poster of the big sword that was the prize. I *think* it did anyway. I mainly collect loose carts, so I'm not exactly the resident authority. Maybe Rick or CPUWIZ or one of the other guys who collect boxed stuff could tell you.

Apart from the sword quest games it often varied on what game came with what. I know Yars Revenge and Berzerk came with comic books and several silver label boxes I bought at the time came with posters or booklets. I remember ET came complete with a games catalogue in the box ;)

The Atari Age Club also sold posters.I just got a copy of the Phoenix poster that I had lost many years ago.What other ones were there?(Yeah, I'm too lazy to go look at the AA magazine on-line archive.)

I was a member of the Atari club in the UK and they sent out fold out news letters which converted in game catalogue posters. Its where I got most of my information from ;)

Thanks for the responses. So far we have:

1. Each of the 3 Swordquest games came with a poster / contest entry form.

2. Many red-label cartridges came with a poster / catalog.

3. A Phoenix poster was offered through the Atari Age club.

4. Mario Brothers came with a poster / manual. (Anyone know more about this?)

5. The Atari club sent out poster / newsletters in the UK.

I have also learned that:

6. There was an official Atari Age poster available through the club for about 4 bucks.

7. At one point you received a Pole Position poster if you ordered the game through the club.

8. The Imagic club offered to send you a game poster when you joined. There were several to choose from.

Anything else?

> The Phoenix Atari Age poster came as a free insert in Volume 1, Number 6 - RealSports art on the cover. It's also mentioned as an insert in the "Captain's Log" in the same issue.

> An Atari Age poster was shown in the merchandise section in Volume 1, Number 1 (22" x 29") for $3.95

> Volume 2, Number 2 offered a free 24" x 36" Pole Position poster to people that purchased either the 2600 or 5200 variation through the club. I also have seen a postcard, probably boxed with the game at some point, with a free offer the poster.

> The Sorcerer's Apprentice instructions fold out into a full color poster similar to the box artwork. (saw a picture in the Atari Age magazine and it triggered this random thought)

* Side notes - a tip sheet and solution booklet were offered in V1, #6, for Raiders Of The Lost Ark - all you had to do was call the 800 number and ask for it. I did, but its one of the few envelopes of 80s material that did not end up in the storage box when I packed up a lot of my room for college in 1984. Did anyone else call? Do you still have them?

* Atari Age Volume 2, Number 1 came with a detachable, tri-fold paper calendar for Jungle Hunt. Mine is detached from the magazine, but it's still here.

* Cool Imagic posters!