IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic - June 9th and 10th

Albert

mgc.gifThe Midwest Gaming Classic is the Midwest's only all-encompassing electronic gaming event, taking place June 9th and 10th in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The event features a wide variety of displays, vendors and special attractions for arcade uprights, computers, pinball and home video games from past to present. AtariAge is sponsoring and attending the 2007 Midwest Gaming Classic, where we'll be releasing several new Atari 2600 homebrew games for purchase and demonstrating several games presently in development. You can learn more about what we have in store by visiting our AtariAge 2007 Midwest Gaming Classic Preview. Hope to see you there!

Seems there's more vendors but significantly fewer arcade and pinball machines. Tournaments got its own area, and there's more of them. Home gaming area seems big. See how much gaming I can get in tomorrow.

I was happy to see more electromechanical pinball machines. Those are neat.

Seems there's more vendors but significantly fewer arcade and pinball machines. Tournaments got its own area, and there's more of them. Home gaming area seems big. See how much gaming I can get in tomorrow.

I was happy to see more electromechanical pinball machines. Those are neat.

I'm a big fan of pins also, including electromechanical ones. Always great to see those at shows. I only got to play a SINGLE pinball machine, and that was a Black Knight 2000 in great condition. One of my favorite machines, and I got R-A-N-S-O-M on it, and only played once. :D :D Wish I had more time to play that and other machines.. Heck, wish I had more time to explore the show in general. I only made it over to the museum hall once and only spent about 10 minutes in there total before having to return to the vendor hall.

..Al

Had hopes I'd win a few tournies...only got the Super Mario one, and won a whopping...$12.

Next year the MGC will be during the LAST WEEKEND OF MARCH. Yes, you only have to wait nine months until the next one!

Bloomington, IL will have its own pinball/arcade show during the LAST WEEKEND OF OCTOBER. YAY!

thats easter week(easter falls on march 23rd next year) might be tough to get the week off unless I take the middle of

the week off. I'll just have to wait and see.

the good news that will put MGC and VGS(july 12th,2008) 5 months apart.

That can't be right. There must be some mistake. Please tell me there is some mistake. :|

Seems there's more vendors but significantly fewer arcade and pinball machines.

Actually, it was just spaced differently. Last year they were all grouped together back to back, etc. and this year it was more spaced out.

27 pins (not including the ones in the competition room) and 23 video's (also not including the ones in the competition room).

Actually, just wanted to add to this that Marty was correct. We basically had the same amount of arcade and pins as last year, but we spaced them differently which made them seem like a little less. We had 31 pins in the main hall (4 sold and left on Saturday) and 14 in the tournament hall, and 24 videos (1 sold and left on Saturday) and 4 in the tournament hall. We were down on arcade machines due to us not allowing one of the vendors back from last year, although 45 overall was only 7 pins shy of last year, and Pins-Plus who had brought 28 in 2006 was only able to bring 12 this year, so I think that we did pretty good overall there.

It's hard to get people to bring pins to a show. If anyone has ever tried moving one around, there is a LOT of work involved, so I can't blame anyone for not being able to bring stuff.

thats easter week(easter falls on march 23rd next year) might be tough to get the week off unless I take the middle of

That can't be right. There must be some mistake. Please tell me there is some mistake. :|

The last weekend of March is the 29th and 30th (Easter is the 23rd)

while it doesn't fall on easter, but it does fall on the week Easter is on.

I can see why the move from June to March(nothing happens in march,it's a slow month while in june or july

is weddings months, Iwas lucky to find to get our old hotel for VGS next year in July, the one hotel I was going for was booked due to weddings,I didn't want to move it to march or later,july was the best time for us compared to august)

I would be a maybe on next year if it's in March.(especially if it's Easter week,I work in retail and even though easter is the 23rd the first day of the show falls on the Saturday of that week, they frown on people taking holidays off,so as mentioned I would have to start my vacation a couple days after easter,just to be sure, I will try get the whole week

but if not, we'll see) this also conflicts with the local meeting AVC, I do two meetings a year one in spring(second week of march usally) and one in fall(working on doing it agian second week of Sept). the march meeting will be too close to MGC.

Ok with that done,

I would to mention to anybody who didn't get to buy a Jagfest tour shirt,Black cap,picked up an order form or placed an order for Jagfest On tour items at MGC:

you can still order online at the AVC news Stand at cafepress.com/avcnews .(To those who did pick up the order form, all online sale prices are good until augsut 1st,show prices are good all year around)

Also if you planning to be at CGE in july: the full Jagfest Catalog(this is the one that has all the fest issues in it)

will be available to pick for free at the freebee table)

btw: this will be the last of Jagfest catalog,next yaer AVC will debute a full Catalog with all items from all three sections of the news stand.

Actually, just wanted to add to this that Marty was correct. We basically had the same amount of arcade and pins as last year, but we spaced them differently which made them seem like a little less. We had 31 pins in the main hall (4 sold and left on Saturday) and 14 in the tournament hall, and 24 videos (1 sold and left on Saturday) and 4 in the tournament hall. We were down on arcade machines due to us not allowing one of the vendors back from last year, although 45 overall was only 7 pins shy of last year, and Pins-Plus who had brought 28 in 2006 was only able to bring 12 this year, so I think that we did pretty good overall there.

It's hard to get people to bring pins to a show. If anyone has ever tried moving one around, there is a LOT of work involved, so I can't blame anyone for not being able to bring stuff.

Oh, I know! It took 5 of us to move that Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Man machine from the Events room, through the hallway, into the Vendors area and through the big garage door and into the truck. Whew! My arms were dead! :)

Which vendor was not allowed back and why? I know the MAME cabs weren't there claiming...oh we gotta make sure they're LEGAL yadda yadda yadda. Sheesh, there was one of those multi-game cabs in the arcade downstairs...unfortunately there was a problem with the display malfunctioning.

I remember one of the guys last year kept giving me a sales pitch every time I played an arcade game or pinball machine. "I'll give you a great deal if you buy two of them" or "buy today and I'll knock $100 off the price" I was expecting that to happen anyways but it was still a little annoying to hear when you are trying to play a game. I wonder if pushy salesmen had something to do with it (the ban). he stopped of course when I mentioned he would have to deliver it to Minneapolis :D

Which vendor was not allowed back and why? I know the MAME cabs weren't there claiming...oh we gotta make sure they're LEGAL yadda yadda yadda. Sheesh, there was one of those multi-game cabs in the arcade downstairs...unfortunately there was a problem with the display malfunctioning.

The multi-game cabs are actually legally licensed. We had to ensure that anything that wasn't legally licensed wasn't there because there is interest from large, active, gaming companies in coming to the show, and MAME cabinets are not legal, so we cannot and will not support selling them at the show, as it becomes a legal liability to us if we provide a forum to sell them.

Having said that, I'm not going to discuss which vendor we opted to not ask back, but suffice to say that both Gary and I are very concerned about quality and backing up sales, and when we find out how that isn't done, we do not want that person or people ever associated with the event again.

Finally, about the dates -- yup, March it is. At first, I had the same worry about losing people due to it being March instead of the "usual" time, however we made the move for a number of reasons, the biggest one being that we were conflicting every year horribly with graduations and things like that regarding vendors. Moving to March will avoid those days. Also, there is SO much less going on at the end of March -- we were competing against various festivals, summer movies, theme parks, and so on to get the attention of the local market. In March in Wisconsin, we just don't have much going on. I think this will result in an increase in local attendance possibilities (and honestly, well over 90% of our attendance drives within easy single day-trip distance). The final positive point is that March will decrease associated show costs (like advertising, rental fees, etc) which will help us invest more money in bringing in better and better stuff.

Like I said, I was really worried about it at first too, but I think it turned out to be a great idea!

Yeah, makes sense to me.

Sheesh, there was one of those multi-game cabs in the arcade downstairs...unfortunately there was a problem with the display malfunctioning.

Yeah, was all excited to play Mr DO! When I started the game the screen scrambled. :( Also the Xevious machine down there was set to "impossible."

Finally, about the dates -- yup, March it is. At first, I had the same worry about losing people due to it being March instead of the "usual" time, however we made the move for a number of reasons, the biggest one being that we were conflicting every year horribly with graduations and things like that regarding vendors. Moving to March will avoid those days. Also, there is SO much less going on at the end of March -- we were competing against various festivals, summer movies, theme parks, and so on to get the attention of the local market. In March in Wisconsin, we just don't have much going on. I think this will result in an increase in local attendance possibilities (and honestly, well over 90% of our attendance drives within easy single day-trip distance). The final positive point is that March will decrease associated show costs (like advertising, rental fees, etc) which will help us invest more money in bringing in better and better stuff.

Dan,

One thing you may want to consider about the show date is spring break. You may end up with some of the same conflicts from teens and adults alike if the event takes place over spring break. For example, our spring break week starts Mar 28 and goes through April 6. I'm guessing different regional districts will have different spring breaks, so this is difficult to navigate any time in March...

But I'm obviously not asking you to change it just for me. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

VGS IS ANNOUNCED?!?!?!

Dude. I'm so there.

The last VGS was a blast and a half.

also, the mgc rocked. I'll be doing the SHMUP tourney again next year. It'll run much more smoothly next year.

VGS IS ANNOUNCED?!?!?!

Dude. I'm so there.

The last VGS was a blast and a half.

also, the mgc rocked. I'll be doing the SHMUP tourney again next year. It'll run much more smoothly next year.

yes VGS was unofficlly announced for july 12th,2008(decied that the past three shows that we did in july had a better turn out then the last the show which was in august, we(I) figured to returm to july a week after the forth)

back in May of this year, the real big announcemt happens in December,when registration starts,plus a few other

surprises,which I can not devoluge at this time in order to keep it a surprize.