IGNORED

Nice looking playfields?

MausBoy

On the laptop, i'm only using the postprocess and preprocess that come in the 1.0 zip on bataribasic.com

doing a full scan of the laptop hard drive reveals only one 2600basic.exe, dated 2/14/2007 - the same as the one in the 1.0 zip

As far as at home, the files are COMPLETELY seperated from where old versions were, and no old version files exist on the computer anymore; after the concastenate.exe or whatever problem, and continuation of other problems, I made sure absolutely no bB files remain on the hard drive other than the ones included in the 1.0 zip.

By the way, I'm Matt Risch, if you wanna add me to the 1.1 "readme thanks list", as most annoying beta tester.

Annoying or not, you have helped to improve bB by finding bugs that I never would have on my own.

Bear with me now, as I will give you a series of test .bas files for you to try. Or maybe just one if that nails the problem. With this one, just tell me if the build was successful or not, and if not, what was the error?

test1.zip

batari,

I've been following this thread as well, and I thought I'd let you know that I am experiencing the same problems that MausBoy has reported. Using the alternate std_kernel.asm file that you provided a few posts back gave the same result. The file a.bas file you just posted didn't change anything either, I still get the random multicolored bars at the top of the screen. I thought maybe looking at a different set of results might help you, and for you to know that it's not just happening to MausBoy.

I'm using the bB 1.0 files downloaded into a separate directory from the originals, I've never overlayed any new versions into the same directory. Posted below are my results using the latest std_kernel.asm compiling the a.bas file you just posted (I renamed a.bas to ct1.txt, but the code is the same).

Steve

a.zip

batari,

I've been following this thread as well, and I thought I'd let you know that I am experiencing the same problems that MausBoy has reported. Using the alternate std_kernel.asm file that you provided a few posts back gave the same result. The file a.bas file you just posted didn't change anything either, I still get the random multicolored bars at the top of the screen. I thought maybe looking at a different set of results might help you, and for you to know that it's not just happening to MausBoy.

I'm using the bB 1.0 files downloaded into a separate directory from the originals, I've never overlayed any new versions into the same directory. Posted below are my results using the latest std_kernel.asm compiling the a.bas file you just posted (I renamed a.bas to ct1.txt, but the code is the same).

Steve

Well, I am stumped, as my working build here doesn't have these problems, and I don't recall doing anything to the pfcolor/height code after 1.0 was released. So maybe it's best to just post a recent build and quit trying to chase ghosts.

This fix is just a single file, 2600basic.exe, to replace the old one.

bBfix_5_26_07.zip

batari,

Steve

Well, I am stumped, as my working build here doesn't have these problems, and I don't recall doing anything to the pfcolor/height code after 1.0 was released. So maybe it's best to just post a recent build and quit trying to chase ghosts.

This fix is just a single file, 2600basic.exe, to replace the old one.

It worked! Thanks batari. :)

Thanks for letting us know AM, I knew plenty of people had worked with 1.0 and I thought you'd done a first person racing game using pfres so I was wondering why it was just me.

I'm glad this new 2600basic.exe fixes it for you, I really hope it does for me too; thanks batari! I can't afford to keep buying blank cd's to burn one or two files so wish me luck.

I can't afford to keep buying blank cd's to burn one or two files so wish me luck.

As long as both CD Drives recognize multi-session files, you don't have to burn a new CD everytime you need to copy files. If you leave the disc open when you burn it, then you can put it in the burner again, import the existing sessions, then put the new files on it. If the files have the same name as old files, then the old ones will simply no longer be accesible. Or if you want access to all the files, put them in different directories (named by date or something).

This way you can use the same CD for multiple tries.

I can't afford to keep buying blank cd's to burn one or two files so wish me luck.

I'll send you a USB flash drive (stick drive, pen drive, key drive, whatever you want to call it) if you PM your mailing info to me. But if you can buy blank CDs, you could probably get a flash drive instead; they're pretty cheap these days. :)

Michael